• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What are you reading these days?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I am currently reading 2 titles

Whats going on in there? - How the Brain and Mind Develop in the First Five years of Life

Fatherhood - what to expect

It's funny you mention these. When my wife was pregnant she had about 5 different books that she wanted me to read, most likely these 2 were in the pile. I, naturally, being the stubborn, pig headed man that I am refused to read any of them. Turned out ok, I guess being a father just came natural to me-which is as big a shock to my system as anything. And no matter how many books you read you can't ever be totally ready for fatherhood, it so much cooler than anything a book could make it out to be.

Anyway back to the thread- I am reading Stephen Kings Dark Tower VII its the second time around for me but its been awhile. I love the Dark Tower series-a fine collection of books.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
A Good Walk Spoiled, by Finestein. Pretty interesting reading about players going through Q School that are mainstays on the tour now.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Right this minute I am reading an Advanced Chemistry textbook. Also 1/2 way through The Stand unabridged version and 1/2 way through The Catcher in the Rye, which I read every year.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Right this minute I am reading an Advanced Chemistry textbook. Also 1/2 way through The Stand unabridged version and 1/2 way through The Catcher in the Rye, which I read every year.

The Catcher In The Rye----Very good read and reread.

Advanced Chem--Well Ok Right up my alley in my former life but still a snoozer.

You will do well in college my friend. Good choice of books to read at free will.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
The Catcher In The Rye----Very good read and reread.

Advanced Chem--Well Ok Right up my alley in my former life but still a snoozer.

You will do well in college my friend. Good choice of books to read at free will.

The Chemistry text is dragging a little, but if it furthers my understanding I will continue. Plus I'm hoping to bring an A- to a solid A in AP Chem before the semester. :thumbs up:

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
About to start "Dewey: The small town Library Cat who changed the world''.

The story of a cat dumped through the returns chute of a small library in the country town of Spencer, Iowa.

Anyone here heard of this story or even visited Dewey in person?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
About to start "Dewey: The small town Library Cat who changed the world''.

The story of a cat dumped through the returns chute of a small library in the country town of Spencer, Iowa.

Anyone here heard of this story or even visited Dewey in person?
I saw this book just the other day and didn't buy it, although it looks like a good story.

Let us know what you thought.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
A Good Walk Spoiled, by Finestein. Pretty interesting reading about players going through Q School that are mainstays on the tour now.

I like Feinstein, but he desperately needs a more effective editor. Too much stuff obviously lifted from other stuff he's written and lots of it repetitive. Still, it's interesting to get a look at the golf world just before Tiger burst on the scene.

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006

🔥 Latest posts