• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What area to improve upon

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
25-100

I want more one and done shots here. ie a legit roll at a bird

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
something that has helped me get from 95 all the time to high 80'S is driving distance and accuracy...........when I bought my Nike Saquatch Sumo, I was able to hit is alittle farther, and keep it in the fairway most of the time...that lead to shorter easier approach shots.....and a better overall score.

what I need to work on now?.............putter...everyone needs to work on that.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
what I need to work on now?.............putter...everyone needs to work on that.

I was on the practice green trying to work on my putting yesterday evening. A guy I've played several rounds with walked over and gave me a tip that seemed to help right away. He said my stroke was smooth and solid, but I was looking up as I hit the ball trying to watch it go in the cup. Told me to keep my head down and listen for the ball to drop.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Driving Accur. with the FT-i, she's back to going out right again. *sigh*

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
I'll be between 75 and 85 for most of the summer, with the occassional high 80's on the card.

For me, it's

shots from 150-200
then putts from 10 - 20 (I can lag all day from distance, but don't make enough from this range)

Driver is fine, (won the long drive at the Corporate Outing last year and had the President and VP whooping and hollering as it flew down the fairway -- When the GREAT looking female VP starts yelling "You nutted it!!!" what do you do/say?)

Short irons are good, and the excellent scrambling ability I had when I was younger has not deserted me at the same rate that playing time has deserted me, so I hope to hang on to it a bit longer.... a simple 56 degree sand wedge 90% of the time, with the face at all kinds of angles.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Uhhhh, the way I played today it was anything outside of 75 yards and putting. Sprayed the ball everywhere and couldn't putt to save my life. The only thing that saved me was my wedges.

🔥 Latest posts