• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What ball?

pball5156

Mar 21, 2005
I disagree on the ProV1. I think it's a great ball, if it wasn't half the scratch golfers in the world wouldn't be using it. I like them, I prefer a ball that will check up on the green. Balls like the solo, NXT Tours, just never check. I've grown accustom to the Callaway HX.

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
For a cheap ball I like the Pinnacle Exception. Good distance, workability, and price. I also like the Pro V1's they are a great deal if you can find ones with logo overruns.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
pball, there could be an explanation, i dunno about your ping eye 2 irons, but my TA1's spin like crazy, you would think that a good thing and "man if i get some proV's i'll be backing them up like none other" thats not how i play, i just want a ball that'll either stop where it hits, or bounce once or twice then die, these irons spin so much the prov's loose too considerable of a distance due to spin, its all just personal preference and game style

pball5156

Mar 21, 2005
It's more of your swing mechanics than the club. I tend to come in less steep then most on my downswing, and I don't put a lot of spin on the ball. I do this because on the fairway I need as much roll as I can get, as I only have a 90mph swing speed with my driver. On the green, I have much more touch, and the HX is a good 3-Piece that'll spin.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
ProVs are nice. Bridgestone B333s kill even the ProVs, tho. That is one great ball! If I weren't getting the ProVs so cheap, I'd play the Bridgestones in a heartbeat.

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
I guess it depends on the day. . .If its a bad day, the ball definitely doesn't matter. And I won't use a good/expensive ball if its only going into the woods or the lake. But, if its a good day, I'll probably put a Precept out there. I get good control and distance. If its a long straight day, hitting strong, I'll throw down a "red" Callaway. I instantly get an extra 15 to 20 yards. I tend to only buy Precepts though.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online