• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What can be learned from scrambles?

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Yeah Jay, I hit a lot of dead pulled drivers for the exact reason you mentioned. I wonder if that "rip it" mentality comes from trying to show off, or from fact that you know you'll have four chances to make it right. Either way, it's wrong thinking.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I also learned that EVERY SINGLE club that is a door prize WILL go to someone who ONLY ever golfs during that one tournament, as a driver SS of 86mph, and the biggest OTT move you have ever seen in your life.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
A scramble is always relaxing. No pressure since you have four tries on each shot. I've never had the burden of being the best on the team but I can see where it might be stressful... IF you really care about winning.

I like playing in 2-3 a year but no more then that.

And there's always amazingly low scores posted... usually by a team full of 20+ cappers... :confused:

Which is why no one on our team cares if we win or lose... :thumbs up:

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
I used to play in two or three yearly all through high school. There are a few things that you can take from a scramble. First, almost everyone has mentioned the good things that can happen when you play relaxed golf. I try to get into that exact feeling when I am playing my own ball as well. It doesn't always work, but when it does I become dangerous. Secondly, people talked about that high risk shot and not normally taking it. I am a really agressive player, any par four under 340 flat or 300 slightly uphill and I am pulling driver and going for it. I feel like a pitch from ten to twenty yards will always end up closer than a wedge from 90. So I carry that aggressive mentality over to my normal rounds as well.

The last thing that you can take from a scramble is how two beers will improve your swing but 5 will ruin it. It is one of those fine lines we walk in pursuit of perfection.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
The last thing that you can take from a scramble is how two beers will improve your swing but 5 will ruin it. It is one of those fine lines we walk in pursuit of perfection.

Truer words have never been spoken

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I used to play in two or three yearly all through high school. There are a few things that you can take from a scramble. First, almost everyone has mentioned the good things that can happen when you play relaxed golf. I try to get into that exact feeling when I am playing my own ball as well. It doesn't always work, but when it does I become dangerous. Secondly, people talked about that high risk shot and not normally taking it. I am a really agressive player, any par four under 340 flat or 300 slightly uphill and I am pulling driver and going for it. I feel like a pitch from ten to twenty yards will always end up closer than a wedge from 90. So I carry that aggressive mentality over to my normal rounds as well.

I guess the bloody mary at breakfast was OK, and the beers weren't bad, but the tequila shots on the 6th and 12th tees were a bit much.:laugh:

Maybe that's why we all missed that 5-footer for birdie on the 18th that would have given us 2nd place alone...

🔥 Latest posts