My son is studying ancient Egypt in school. His latest assignment was working with a parent to make something in relation to the subject. Of course, we waited until the day before the project was due. We thought a pyramid would be the easiest. I had a pine 1x8 I thought would be perfect. Well, we both got a lesson in geometry. Figuring out how many degrees to cut compound miters at wasn't as simple as I thought. We did manage to get the mitered edges perfect surprisingly.
Had to round over all edges with a sanding block because they were sharp. Then I used a router and made hieroglyphics that represent each letter of his first name. Then used woodfiller to give it an inlay appearance.