• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you build or make today?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
aIEm2QE.jpg

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
My son is studying ancient Egypt in school. His latest assignment was working with a parent to make something in relation to the subject. Of course, we waited until the day before the project was due. We thought a pyramid would be the easiest. I had a pine 1x8 I thought would be perfect. Well, we both got a lesson in geometry. Figuring out how many degrees to cut compound miters at wasn't as simple as I thought. We did manage to get the mitered edges perfect surprisingly.

1570584664038.jpg

Had to round over all edges with a sanding block because they were sharp. Then I used a router and made hieroglyphics that represent each letter of his first name. Then used woodfiller to give it an inlay appearance.

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Wife wanted a pair of night stands asap. I knocked 2 of these out in quick fashion thanks to pocket holes. Mortise and tenon joinery wouldn't look any different unless you look up under the skirt.
1570633519771.jpg
1570633536389.jpg

🔥 Latest posts