• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you build or make today?

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Still working on my kitchen remodel: finished the floor, which is the original 1939 yellow pine 2 1/4" strips that had been covered with linoleum since forever. I removed the linoleum, sanded, stained with Dark Walnut stain, and applied 8 coats of semi-gloss poly. The floors in the rest of the house are the original honey oak, as are the kitchen cabinets that I installed. Waiting on the solid countertops to be delivered. Meanwhile, I made a loaf of French bread in the breadmaker.

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Still working on my kitchen remodel: finished the floor, which is the original 1939 yellow pine 2 1/4" strips that had been covered with linoleum since forever. I removed the linoleum, sanded, stained with Dark Walnut stain, and applied 8 coats of semi-gloss poly. The floors in the rest of the house are the original honey oak, as are the kitchen cabinets that I installed. Waiting on the solid countertops to be delivered. Meanwhile, I made a loaf of French bread in the breadmaker.

I bet the grain in that yellow pine really pops with that walnut stain!

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Glued up some 6/4 cherry and made these corbels for my bar. Just need some detail work now.
1570751077459.jpg

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
The design is noisy. I do like it but I'm only using that for 3 and a half pieces of side plastic. Fenders are getting a satin red carbon fiber. Gas tank & headlight trim will be black carbon fiber. Number plate and fork covers will be white carbon fiber. If I can pull this off, the whole makeover will cost ~75 bucks...and should be less. I bought way more than needed

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Countertops, with "free" builtin kitchen sink, installed this morning, leaving me just the "easy" hookup of the new one hole faucet and the drain. The hoses that came with the sink are only 24" long, and I need 30", and the sink is deeper than the old one so the drain, with dishwasher attachment, doesn't fit either. Lowes doesn't carry these "foreign" hoses, so I just ordered everything from Amazon.

I wanted to finish this before my back surgery tomorrow, but NO.........

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
So, I don't like the vinyl wrap on the bike. It just looks...off. Since the red digital camo doesn't impress me, I'm not going to waste time with any of the carbon fiber wrap.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Countertops, with "free" builtin kitchen sink, installed this morning, leaving me just the "easy" hookup of the new one hole faucet and the drain. The hoses that came with the sink are only 24" long, and I need 30", and the sink is deeper than the old one so the drain, with dishwasher attachment, doesn't fit either. Lowes doesn't carry these "foreign" hoses, so I just ordered everything from Amazon.

I wanted to finish this before my back surgery tomorrow, but NO.........
Surprised you don't have some old hydraulic hoses, heater hose, etc. from your old Porsches you could use for sink hoses/drain. Enough duct tape and baling wire should have adapted any old hose to work!

Don't try to tackle that too soon after surgery!!! Hiring it done is far cheaper than screwing up your back... beyond repair!!!!

🔥 Latest posts