• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you build today?

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
1522816482841.jpg
1522816505263.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Some time ago, the shaft adapter on my Callaway 3-wood broke. Took it into our local shop. He called Callaway and they immediately sent me a replacement. Problem was, the local guy thought it was a driver shaft and not a fairway. So, it was super long. I cut it down the same length as my Mini 1.5. Have never hit it really well. A week ago, I cut it down further to standard 3-wood length. Wow! Made all the difference in the world. I hit it more consistent and, I believe, longer. But, I'm making good contact consistently due to the shorter shaft. Amazing what a difference 1 1/2" in shaft length can make.

"Doctored" my Scotty over the winter by adding shaft length. Now cut the shaft down in my 3-wood. Tweaking.....

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Some time ago, the shaft adapter on my Callaway 3-wood broke. Took it into our local shop. He called Callaway and they immediately sent me a replacement. Problem was, the local guy thought it was a driver shaft and not a fairway. So, it was super long. I cut it down the same length as my Mini 1.5. Have never hit it really well. A week ago, I cut it down further to standard 3-wood length. Wow! Made all the difference in the world. I hit it more consistent and, I believe, longer. But, I'm making good contact consistently due to the shorter shaft. Amazing what a difference 1 1/2" in shaft length can make.

"Doctored" my Scotty over the winter by adding shaft length. Now cut the shaft down in my 3-wood. Tweaking.....

I believe it’s almost half the fun of the game. Tinkering with ones clubs. Playing obviously gets the 51%!!!

🔥 Latest posts