• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you build today?

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
As long as it is not a strap on, you should be good to go.

That is a nice lookin par 3.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I can’t take credit for the construction of the bag, but I’m in the midst of a Frankinbag project. I have a Titleist Sunday bag that I love, my only complaint is the carry strap... so I’m borrowing the backpack strap from a jr bag and see how it works...View attachment 30816

Haha you guys are awesome!! NO strap-ons here, just a backpack strap taken from a ruined jr bag destined for the dumpster. Figured I would make use of at least something from it!
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1540146872.391836.jpg

Bam!! It took a bit to get it adjusted just right, but I like it. Fingers crossed, I will get a trial run next weekend.

That is the 7th at my little hidden gem. The blues played 133 that morning. Golds were 150.

OP
PaPaD

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
The shafts and grips for the Maltby MPC irons showed up the same time as my Maltby DBM Forged heads. I got em all assembled and I road tested the Darth Vader DBMs. OMG, that is all. The G400 irons are (at least temporarily) out of the bag.

These are 2* upright, std length, Grafalloy PL Blue Axis A flex graphites, midsize Velvets. Smooth forged sound and feel.

20181025_141836.jpg
20181025_141936.jpg

Last edited:

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
More of a rebuild. Scrounged the garage to find some tools I have not used in many years (since the Orlando days) so I could get to work on the Yes! Carrolyne. Pulled the stock shaft, cleaned and prepped the head and shaft for installation, dug out my JB’s spine finder to find the spine on the shaft, epoxied her up and have her drying on the bench.

Super Stroke awaiting installation.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
2B849068-B57A-47FC-AE30-ED675A3D259D.jpeg

Actual build date is sometime in 2005. Snake Eyes Viper Ti 4, 10.5*, Grafalloy Comp NT Proto 65 Regular Flex.

Wanted a higher launching driver for my annual attempt at golf and dug through the archives in my garage last month. Found my SE Viper Ti 4, 10.5* and put it in a box with my Yes! Carrolyne and TEE CB4 4 wood and shipped it to Florida. Pulled it out of the box this morning and hit the range.....why did I ever stop hitting this driver? Long and straight shot after shot. When I put it down, my Dad picked it up. He started killing it long and straight. His comment to me, “if I put this in the bag they are going to make me move back to the white tees.”

Needless to say, it’s his if he wants it when I leave Monday. :D

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
View attachment 31300

Actual build date is sometime in 2005. Snake Eyes Viper Ti 4, 10.5*, Grafalloy Comp NT Proto 65 Regular Flex.

Wanted a higher launching driver for my annual attempt at golf and dug through the archives in my garage last month. Found my SE Viper Ti 4, 10.5* and put it in a box with my Yes! Carrolyne and TEE CB4 4 wood and shipped it to Florida. Pulled it out of the box this morning and hit the range.....why did I ever stop hitting this driver? Long and straight shot after shot. When I put it down, my Dad picked it up. He started killing it long and straight. His comment to me, “if I put this in the bag they are going to make me move back to the white tees.”

Needless to say, it’s his if he wants it when I leave Monday. :D

That’s awesome!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Will be interesting to see if anyone had tried it... and had success. The chrome coating on a shaft won't allow most common coatings/paints to adhere. If you plan on using a "hardware store" enamel, etc. you would need to abrade the entire surface, cross your fingers, and hope. We used a lot of epoxy coatings in the water and wastewater industry. Those coating systems form an complete "envelope" and are very durable. Most are two-part systems. Doubt you will be able to find them in small quantities. They also make a rubberized system for dipping tools, etc. These are pretty durable systems if applied according to the manufacturer's recommendations. You can't "dip" the putter shaft. I wonder if you could hang the putter with the shaft horizontal and slowly pour the rubberized material along the shaft.
Again, will be watching to see recommendations.

🔥 Latest posts