• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you build today?

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
United States United States
put a KBS tour 110 on a Maltby STi2 5i head.
jury's out. 5 and sometimes 6i can be trouble, if nothing else, mentally for me.
tend to have the ball turn right towards the last say 3/4 or more of the ball flight.

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Plays well if I don’t chicken wing it lol
Even with chicken wing… 165 yds
Found out my ss with the 6i is 85mph

i may be at the top end of this shaft ???

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Latest escapade in PapaD's little shop of horrors. I scored a set of 2004 Callaway Big Bertha irons for cheap. Graphite shafts were beat. Ring ferrules were beat, broken or missing, heads were fine. I had some shafts, so I ordered collared ferrules, bore-through shaft pins for graphite and some grips. Goal - learn how to reshaft a bore-through iron head. I had to do some math (uh-oh) because tip trimming is different with bore-through since the shaft goes deeper into the clubhead. Turns out 1/2" less of tip trim was the answer once you learn how to measure BBGM (Bottom of Bore to Ground). Anyway, after lots of reading and asking, these turned out OK. I don't have really good finishing/polishing tools so they could have looked a little better, but I'm happy and the buddy that just bought them is happy.

20190603_080253.jpg

Pulling old head

20190603_082355.jpg

Reaming hosel - Callaway hosels have a taper at the end. My shafts were .370 parallel. Yes, it's easier to clamp the reamer in a vise and push/turn the head.
20190603_083305.jpg

Everybody lines up for business!
20190603_084716.jpg

Glued up with bore-through pins inserted. Shaft hole has to be plugged so the critters can't crawl in there and make nests.
20190603_162542.jpg

Finished project - had to use my cutoff wheel and wire brush wheel to smooth things out. A Scotchbrite wheel is the answer - just ordered one.
20190605_134555.jpg
very very well done sir

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
It happened... I finally got the MP29s done. 4-pw black heads, with white paint fill. Project X LZ 6.5 shafts powder coated black and blue no stickers, and blue fuerrels. They are so sexy i just wanna look at em. I paired them with Cleveland wedges (same shafts). I also had a Titleist heal shafted Tour Model putter refinished in bronze with black paint fill, and put on a Best Grips hand stitched leather grip. I was going to sell em, but I've got just over $1000 into redoing them. They go in the bag tomorrow. And all the photos are too large to upload...

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Well, it wasn't today, but last year I built myself a set of these things:

Took me a while to warm up to them due to a different feel at contact, but they seem like magic. I've grown to love them. Moreso than affection, I have a huge amount of confidence with one of these in my hand.

Built: Dynacraft Prophet MB P-7
Built: Integra iDrive Hybrids 6-4

Yes. I'm old. I'm not ashamed.

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Today during arts and crafts time in The Shank Shack, I built Warbirdlover's new iron set. Maltby KE4 MAX with Excaliber shafts. They turned out nice, and feel like I would play em'.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
See the pics in this thread. jhmeg2 built my clubs. He built clubs for Dustin Johnson, Lexi Thompson and others. I feel very privileged.

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
See the pics in this thread. jhmeg2 built my clubs. He built clubs for Dustin Johnson, Lexi Thompson and others. I feel very privileged.

just so people know I have not, as far as I know built clubs for DJ or Lexi, but I did buld clubs and work at a facility where they were clients. It was nice to be at work and have them around, Nice enough people.

🔥 Latest posts