• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
Not golf related but another one of my passions! The guy had this listed incorrectly on eBay and I picked it up for a song!

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1448078934.173009.jpg

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1448078947.322975.jpg

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1448078956.842198.jpg

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1448078967.592068.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Vokey SM5, 56/14, 'F' grind, still in plastic from factory. $59.00. I'm an idiot!! Our club pro had all his wedges at $79. Had a few Vokey, Cleveland, Nike, Cobra, Mizuno wedges. I had my eye on a couple of the Vokeys and procrastinated. Didn't go out yesterday, due to the cold. He dropped them to $59 yesterday morning and about 2/3 of them are gone. Only thing left is a couple Cleveland Rotorx... not the 2.0... a Tour Trusty Rusty 60, and a couple of Mizzy's... the cheap ones, not the forged typical wedge style. Shoulda been out there early yesterday morning and done MY "Christmas shopping". Oh, well. Should be happy about the one I did snag.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Walked into my local "Little Golf Shop" (literally the name of the place) and bought a few grips. On the way out I look at the counter near the exit and see two TM R9 Super Tri heads for sale at $10 each. No adapter, good shape a few nicks here and there. I snagged the 10.5* and left the 8.5* there. Ordered an adapter off eBay and I have the shaft already. If anyone wants the 8.5* head, let me know. I'll pick it up and ship it to you.

I got the adapter yesterday and shafted this guy up. Demo'd it today in my "backyard" playing holes 14-18. Three par 4s and and a 210 yd par 3. I have the face closed a bit, the loft up to 11* and the 16g weight in the heel, the 4g weight in the center and the 1g weight in the toe. It is long, straight and sounds AWESOME! I have a TM ReAx stiff shaft in it from an '07 Burner and I have ordered another adapater (.335) so I can try it with a Grafalloy PL R flex shaft that I have here. I am going back tomorrow to snatch that 8.5* head. At $10, what the hell, right? New Holy Grail!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I bought a set of Titleist irons that were made in the 70's (2-pw) for $30. I'm going to make a coat rack out of them, lol.

View attachment 27214
Had those as my second set of irons. First set had aluminum shafts. As those shafts began breaking, found a set of the Acushnet at a golf shop... I don't even remember where. That would have been about 1984. Had those until I had an old codger build me a set of "Copperheads", Ping BeCu knock-offs.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.