• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you shoot today?

titleistman66

Feb 22, 2011
Hey folks,
I just searched the forum and was surprised to find no "what did you shoot today?" thread!! :wow:So here it is!
Post your scores, and if you feel necessary go into detail about the good, bad, and the ugly shoots of the day. I'll start it off:

Scores: 6 5 3 5 3 6 6 4 4 (42) 5 3 5 4 6 4 5 6 6 (44) - 86
Par: 4 5 3 5 3 4 4 4 3 (35) 4 3 4 4 3 4 5 4 4 (35) - 70

Today I shot an 86. Started on the back 9 of the course I was just hired at, with a 44. Had two nasty double bogeys, and one triple bogey (with a terrible 3 putt), but after reading "Golf is Not a Game of Perfect" by Bob Rotella, I've started to avoid going into the bad streaks of my earlier days of golf. I shot a 42 on the front 9, with another 3 double bogeys (and a total of 8 beautiful pars :)), to go home with a smile on my face. I am proud to say that there were NO mulligans today, and I was crushing my father's 9.5* Stiff Flex R7 off the tee - a feat that previously trampled over me. #2 (a par 5) was a special hole, as I hit my drive about 260 into the wind, and followed it with a good looking 3 hybrid just left of the green, and just barely missed the up and down for bird. #4 was my first almost birdie, missing the putt by less than an inch, leaving it short. Won't do that again! Had a streak of 4 pars on the front 9, and another 4 spread throughout the back 9 (the first 9 holes I played). I wish I had another sweater with me, as the wind was quite harsh today and I was shivering over top of some putts. A few missed opportunities for birdie, but I was happy to walk away with par. An 86 is welcome on my scorecard this time of year, and I wish to improve upon it from here on out.

How did you guys play?

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I shot an 81 in a tourney, missing a 3 foot putt on #18, which put me in a 4 way playoff for 1st.

Missed a 10 ft birdie putt on #1 playoff hole, 2 guys dropped out with bogeys, 1 other guy and I go to #2, then #3, then #4. Hit in fairway bunker off tee, missed to right, had to hit a flop over a greenside bunker, went long, and had a 30 ft putt for par. Missed. Other guy drained a 10 footer. Oh, well.

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
I shot an 81 in a tourney, missing a 3 foot putt on #18, which put me in a 4 way playoff for 1st.

Missed a 10 ft birdie putt on #1 playoff hole, 2 guys dropped out with bogeys, 1 other guy and I go to #2, then #3, then #4. Hit in fairway bunker off tee, missed to right, had to hit a flop over a greenside bunker, went long, and had a 30 ft putt for par. Missed. Other guy drained a 10 footer. Oh, well.

What tourney?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Hey folks,
I just searched the forum and was surprised to find no "what did you shoot today?" thread!!

We have had em in the past, in fact look at the bottom of this page and you will find a few. The reason you don't see any right now is becuase it's winter and 3/4's of the country is covered in snow, sorta hard to play when your course is buried under 3' of snow.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
We have had em in the past, in fact look at the bottom of this page and you will find a few. The reason you don't see any right now is becuase it's winter and 3/4's of the country is covered in snow, sorta hard to play when your course is buried under 3' of snow.

Yup! Wanna know what I shot? 72, at least thAt's the temp i aim to keep my house at when it's so friggin' cold outside!!!!

Wanna know what I'd like to shoot? The weatherman, only because I can't shoot the actual weather. 16" of snow over the last 3 day, that's on top of the othe 40" or so that was already on the ground.

Just so you know, us "northerners" HATE people who ask what you shot in february!! :)

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia

Yup! Wanna know what I shot? 72, at least thAt's the temp i aim to keep my house at when it's so friggin' cold outside!!!!

Wanna know what I'd like to shoot? The weatherman, only because I can't shoot the actual weather. 16" of snow over the last 3 day, that's on top of the othe 40" or so that was already on the ground.

Just so you know, us "northerners" HATE people who ask what you shot in february!! :)

I'd sorta like to swap with you guys at the moment. We had the last day of the official Australian summer yesterday. Man, was it hot on the course. This week temps range from 90 - 100F in my neck of the woods. Looking forward to milder temps of autumn & winter.

OP
titleistman66

titleistman66

Feb 22, 2011

You callin me a southerner? haha, I live right outside DC man!

Anyways, shot a 44 for 9 today with a few blow-up holes. Once again, I dressed warm and played victim to the wind today, so that got to me a bit. I need to learn my lesson and put a damn jacket in my bag... Parred a few holes again today after barely missing some birdie putts. It's got me very excited to see where this summer brings me.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Played today in gale force winds. It was nice and warm, but super windy. My score ended up being 90, I had some great holes, and a couple that were all but impossible with the wind. But it was fun getting out and enjoying the 72º weather.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Read back over my post and realized I was pretty vauge. We played a course none of us had ever played. When I say gale force winds, it was blowing 20-25 continually, with gusts up to 35. The hole that killed my score was #10, an island green 145 par 3. The greens were cut short and the banks shaved. With the wind howling like it was, the greens were super fast. My 1st attempt came up short and in the water thanks to the wind. The drop zone was still a 90 yard carry over water and into the wind. Attempt number 2 hit the green , skipped off the back side and into the water. 3rd try stayed on the green, 2 putted to score a glorious 7 on a par 3, ouch.

OP
titleistman66

titleistman66

Feb 22, 2011
I'm on my way! Its raining today....

BTW Welcome! to the board!!!

Thanks very much, and yeah... about the rain - I woke up this morning to sun flooding my room, with a smile on my face. Thought today would be a marvelous day for golf. Then I got a text message from my college's alert system saying tornado warning until 4 o'clock and went O_O! I hope tomorrow is better, the school's team's tryouts are supposed to be tomorrow, but I'm not sure how this rain will affect things. Got my fingers crossed.

🔥 Latest posts