• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
38 F when we teed off this morning. A slight breeze out of the northwest. Two of us, each with our covered carts. The course is requiring cart path only for the months of December/January hoping to give the fairways some recoup time. So, the goal is to hit it close to the cart path. Still, walking from the cart path to the ball adds some time to the round.
They let us go right at 10 a.m. Well, it's 12.30 as I type this and I'm home eating lunch with 18 holes done. We played the 18 in 1 hour, 45 minutes.
Not keeping score this time of year. Just keeping dots... par or better. I had him up $1.25, but he came back on the last couple holes and only owed my 0.75 when we finished.
I love NASCAR golf!!! Hit it. Find it. Hit it again. First to the tee box hits. First to the green putts. No dillydallying for us!!!! He's 83 and I'm 77. We are just glad to be playing and out of our recliners.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Three rounds already this year. Course was closed the 1st. Trying to snow a little today.
All three days it's been in the upper 30's to low 40's. Only one of our regular group and I shouldered the responsibility to play. As my golf partner says, "If you're a fireman you put out fires. If you're a golfer, you play golf!" He's 83.
There wasn't any wind so really turned out to be great days for golf. Didn't let us off until noon on 2 of the days and 1 p.m. on the other due to frost.

As usual, we played NASCAR golf. The course is holding us to cart path only December/January/February. We're trying to give the fairways some rest due to still coming back from winter kill last year. So, it you don't hit it close to the cart path, you get your exercise and it takes a tad bit longer to play.

All three rounds we finished 18 in under 2 hours. One day, 1 hour 35 minutes from tee off on #1 to holing out on #18!

Wednesday, they sent 2 walkers off #10 as we teed off on #1. We caught them on hole 14! They had played 5 holes while we were playing our 14th.

Pretty profitable year! Netted $1.50 so far!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Wow! Even on a 5k yard course that's fast.
Whoever gets to their ball first hits, whether you're the farthest out or not. Whoever gets to the green first putts, whether you're the farthest out or not. Whoever gets to the tee box first hits.
We both trust each other...and aren't bothered by someone in a cart running down the cart path 50 yards in front of you.
Now and then, a ball will crawl under some leaves left along the fairway. 20 second rule applies. Drop another. Hit and git!!!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Unless money is on the line or competition. Ready golf all the time. We hit whenever we're ready. Assuming no one is in our direct path. Safety first, and speed is a very close second.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Played a par-3 course on Tuesday. Frontier Golf

In 1964 some guy bought 10 acres and built a 9-hole par 3 course and people started showing up, so it's been an official golf course ever since. Holes range from 90-170 yards so I grabbed my carry bag and only loaded 7-iron and down, which worked out perfectly. The owner says during the summer it's filled with guys teaching their grandkids how to play, so that sounds like a nightmare. While we were there we only saw one other guy, so we finished 18 in an hour and a half.

As for what I shot, I finished -1 with a string of 3 birds in a row (the 4th bounced off the pin). It was fun and I'd do it again.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Played my first round of the year on Friday. I didn't keep score but I doubt I broke 80. I was hitting the ball well, but I probably 3-putted at least six times. Miserable on the greens!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Today was my 24th round in 2024. Only had 4 January rounds due to record cold temps and some snow. February has been awesome almost the entire month. Set high temp records the past 2 days.
With winter conditions, we've just been keeping "marks" and not carding full scores. Our "marks" tells us who owes who what after the round. Today, we began keeping score. Putter finally started working the past couple days. Everything else seemed to click. 37/37 for a smooth 74. 2 over ain't bad. First good back nine in quite a while. The old body just sorta gives out by about hole 13 or 14. Today, stayed in the game and even birdied the par 5 19th hole.
Still messing around with the 2024 bag lineup. Had the 1985 Eye 2's in the bag the last couple days. If I can card rounds 3 years under my age...why not just sell off the rest of my irons?? :>)

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Ok, sit down before reading further...

...I hit golf balls last Saturday! We had a birthday party of sorts for my friend's daughter, who is big into golf. Took my driver, 5 iron, and 52 degree wedge to Drive Shack (think Top Golf) for a couple of hours. Really had fun, now really have the itch again. Also, really hit well given how long it's been since I've swung a club.

🔥 Latest posts