• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
+3 for 9 holes.
Knew I should've worn proper golf shoes and not my runners lol. Right foot was slipping on every drive damn it.

Oh well. Bring on the weekend tourney.

sol adoni

Banned
Banned
May 20, 2013
SFL
Country
United States United States
Wet greens today at Heron Bay TPC.
Played two rounds from whites, target practice, 4 birdies both rounds. 69 and 70. Should of been lower, missed a few birdies that were lip outs. Tried to play another 9 but hit it sideways, TIRED, the sun drains you. Whiles rating is like 68.9 so not a big deal.

sol adoni

Banned
Banned
May 20, 2013
SFL
Country
Those are good scores regardless of the course. Well done.

Got my driver I need, so lots of fairways, lots of greens. A week or two shooting these numbers or better then I'll be grooved for late June Seniors qualifier. I just got to scrape it around par that day to win a spot to play in Omaha in July with the big boys. That's my goal, to qualify for Omaha, so par or better in the qualifier I'm in.

Then it's PARTY TIME in Omaha. LOL

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
4 days of solid rain and counting.
I'm getting itchy...
First fine spell and I'm out there.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
I haven't played in 2 weeks and am jonesing for a round. May try and get an afternoon round in as its supposed to cool down.

San Diego Steve

Mar 14, 2013
Country
What I wanted to shoot after playing today was myself. I hit balls on the range, had a lesson, hit some more balls, ate lunch (probably where I went wrong), then went out and tried to play, and of course I tried to incorporate what I learned earlier into my on-course game. I was playing with my golf instructor and a couple of pure hackers from our academy. What ensued was rather ugly. I did manage one birdie on 8, a par four, on which I stuck an 8-iron to 5 feet and made the putt for a change. There were duck hooks, smothers, and tops galore for a good majority of the round, with the odd nice shot thrown in occasionally just to give me false hope. There were a couple of X's on my card, so I don't have a score to report. I sucked big-time.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
What I wanted to shoot after playing today was myself. I hit balls on the range, had a lesson, hit some more balls, ate lunch (probably where I went wrong), then went out and tried to play, and of course I tried to incorporate what I learned earlier into my on-course game. I was playing with my golf instructor and a couple of pure hackers from our academy. What ensued was rather ugly. I did manage one birdie on 8, a par four, on which I stuck an 8-iron to 5 feet and made the putt for a change. There were duck hooks, smothers, and tops galore for a good majority of the round, with the odd nice shot thrown in occasionally just to give me false hope. There were a couple of X's on my card, so I don't have a score to report. I sucked big-time.
Don't beat yourself up. When you impliment a new swing change it's hard to take it to the course immediately. Ask Tiger, it's a process. Keep your head up, be patient and keep working. Your game will come around.

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Yeah, don't be hard on yourself when you make a change and things don't work out as you plan. Your body still has the old tendancies, give it time and be paitent. it will come.

sol adoni

Banned
Banned
May 20, 2013
SFL
Country
After a lesson do a practice round. Where you can hit multiple balls to incorporate the lesson. Once it works in a practice round use it in a real round.

Practice rounds are for working on game and learning a new course.

That way the pressure of scoring is irrelevant to your mind and you can see how the new technique moves to the course.

You play a new course, you often try a few balls on a hole, see if you can cut a dogleg etc.

Practice rounds my 2 cents, after a lesson.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I played on Monday at one of those fancy resort courses in the valley that I always wanted to play, The Phoenician. The course is very tight with a number of blind shots, and lots of elevation change. I didn't need a caddy for this course I needed a Sherpa. One par three was playing 185 yards, but had a drop of about 100 ft. Hit a 7 iron to the back edge. Another par three was playing 103 with a 100 ft. drop. Hit a half swing SW to the middle. Lots of bunkers and water with wind gusts of about 20 mph. Shot a 92 with 4 lost balls.

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
That's a dang sight better than I would have done on a course like that. I'm playing tomorrow in Arizona not sure which course the father in law is taking me to though. I'm excited because the two I have played or there before we're way better than the ones I get to play here in Oklahoma

sol adoni

Banned
Banned
May 20, 2013
SFL
Country
I played evreryday in phoenix 30 years ago
Papago used to b the tough muni
Was always top 50 courses then
350+ drives then rock hard fairways n thin air
Camelback