• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
Another cool, damp morning. Overcast and occasional mist in the air. Carded a 78. Fun round.
Man, that weather sounds awesome. It's finally gonna cool down this weekend here in VA, but it's gonna be soggy with 2 days of rain. Last week in Florida we had 92* with 90% humidity all week. This week in VA, 94* with near same humidity. Jaysus!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Man, that weather sounds awesome. It's finally gonna cool down this weekend here in VA, but it's gonna be soggy with 2 days of rain. Last week in Florida we had 92* with 90% humidity all week. This week in VA, 94* with near same humidity. Jaysus!
At 2 p.m., it's 70 degrees. After our recent drought conditions and, seemingly, endless days of triple-digit heat index this is a welcome relief. I would certainly trade the nice weather to give back the homes and possession lost by our neighbors in the floods/rains bringing the moderated temps. Can't go back so will enjoy. Supposed to be back in the mid-80's by middle of next week. By then, we'll be headed to Louisiana and more heat.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
My son and I haven't had much time to get on the course the last couple of weeks. We have been practicing at home on our driving range a lot though. I holed out from 175 with a 7i yesterday and that was cool. I hit the stick right before that too. I was dialed in. Fun stuff.

We did play a quick 9 and my 10yr old shot a 45 and I shot 3 over with a triple. Was fun. My oldest hits balls everyday at home and it is making him strong. He weighs 70 lbs and flys the ball 170-180 with a high flat traj. Give him a couple years and I will be in trouble. Seeing him being passionate and excelling at golf is so entertaining and I couldn't be more proud. He's a real gentleman and it's endearing how mature he acts. I'm a lucky dad.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
A couple pics of our country boy driving range.
1536377926715.jpg
1536377954580.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
82 this morning. 42/41. NASCAR golf. 18 holes in 2 hours, 8 minutes. Just two of us but my buddy was having a bad day. He carded a 98.

Uncle Azzhole

Jack of all trades, azzhole in all of them...
Apr 30, 2018
Salem Oregon
Country
82 this morning. 42/41. NASCAR golf. 18 holes in 2 hours, 8 minutes. Just two of us but my buddy was having a bad day. He carded a 98.

Thats when I play best... Waiting makes my joints stiff. My round of 73 last week was speed golf and the way I like to play. Yesterday it took 4.75 hours to play 18 and I carded an 84, Im hoping it plays a bit faster today

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Thats when I play best... Waiting makes my joints stiff. My round of 73 last week was speed golf and the way I like to play. Yesterday it took 4.75 hours to play 18 and I carded an 84, Im hoping it plays a bit faster today
The one tournament at our course I play each year is tomorrow. Doesn't begin until 1 p.m. (I'm usually done with golf by then... and enjoying my afternoon nap!) It will be a long round. Not anticipating doing well. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Uncle Azzhole

Jack of all trades, azzhole in all of them...
Apr 30, 2018
Salem Oregon
Country
I just got back from 18 holes.. Tee'd off at 2 after a shotgun tournament ended. I was the first and only person out on the course for the first half hour or more.... I was loving it!!! saw golf balls everywhere so I picked them up as I went, those people in that tourney sure cant see! Played 18 in a little less then 3 hours and would have been 2 but I was looking for balls as I went. shot a 77 40/37 I usually shoot the same on the back as I do the front but on the 13th 485 yard par 5 (dogleg left) I hit a 274 yard tee shot (found out I had accidentally set my driver to 9.25 when I was trying to set it back to the 7.75 I usually hit with) had 211 to the center of the green (pin was 3 yards back from dead center) I hit my 3 hybrid and it was going right at the flag.... I saw it hit twice and disappear, I was almost jumping up and down but thought maybe it went off the back.... I drove around the green on the cart path and didnt see a ball so I parked it way too close to the green (yes I said sorry to the guy at the club house.) and ran over to the hole and there was my Nike ball :D

This was probably my last round for a while as I have had to spend my golf money on fixing my truck when the fuel pump went out so the Albatross made it a great round.

Members online

No members online now.