• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
First day back since the trip out of town. When you take a week off, your short game goes in the tank... as does your long game... as does your mid game.... as does your...……… Rough start. 45 on the front. Came back with a 42 on the back. The only thing that worked well was the putter.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Mosquitos are good for your golf game. They force you to concentrate harder while they're sucking all your blood. 36 on the front with 2 birds and 38 on the back with 1 bird for 74. Soon I'll be good enough to play with limp!!!

(On my course of course). :D
Right now, you could whip me with one hand tied behind you.... even on MY course!!! I do believe most of my recent issues are mental. Just not happy with the game right now. Gotta get back in the 70's if I ever want to compete with you!!!!:)

Uncle Azzhole

Jack of all trades, azzhole in all of them...
Apr 30, 2018
Salem Oregon
Country
Shot an 84 today 41/43 and was grateful for that... I was all over the place with my driver, I was hitting it so straight and long I figured I would add one of those extensions to the shaft and make it 46.5 instead of the 45 I have been playing with... STUPID!! I wouldnt control the club face at all so when I got home I cut off the new grip and tape and cut the shaft down to 44.5 and regripped it. I will see how I control it being a 1/2" shorter, I hope I can still hit it long but I will be happy with more control.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Shot an 84 today 41/43 and was grateful for that... I was all over the place with my driver, I was hitting it so straight and long I figured I would add one of those extensions to the shaft and make it 46.5 instead of the 45 I have been playing with... STUPID!! I wouldnt control the club face at all so when I got home I cut off the new grip and tape and cut the shaft down to 44.5 and regripped it. I will see how I control it being a 1/2" shorter, I hope I can still hit it long but I will be happy with more control.
I've found that little bit of length makes a huge difference. If I have a driver longer then 45" I have the same problem you did.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Slowly.... slowly getting it back. 40/41 this morning. Not where I should be, but much better than I have been playing the past couple of weeks.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
While you're getting it back I'm losing it. 45 and 44. I hate playing with a jacket on because fall temps arrived. Took it off on the last two holes and parred them. Got to the car and the sky's opened up. Got soaked just putting my clubs away.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
While you're getting it back I'm losing it. 45 and 44. I hate playing with a jacket on because fall temps arrived. Took it off on the last two holes and parred them. Got to the car and the sky's opened up. Got soaked just putting my clubs away.
Those HL3's are highly susceptible to water damage. If wet, the warranty is voided. You need to ship it down here via overnight mail so I can keep it dry for you!!!:D

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
While you're getting it back I'm losing it. 45 and 44. I hate playing with a jacket on because fall temps arrived. Took it off on the last two holes and parred them.

During the colder weather, I wear a FootJoy Baselayer under my polo. I can’t recommend it enough. Enables plenty of swing freedom.
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1537397647.840263.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
42/40 today. Me and the G400 will soon be parting ways. Wish I'd gone with the Max. Oh, well. I'll never catch up with WBL and his plethora of drivers.

BogeySwine

Feb 16, 2017
I haven't played since early last week. It has rained early every morning this week! I just made a reservation for early morning tomorrow. Weather forecast is 54 degrees and winds at 20 MPH out of the Northwest at tee time! IDGAS, I'm playing!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.