• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I haven't played since early last week. It has rained early every morning this week! I just made a reservation for early morning tomorrow. Weather forecast is 54 degrees and winds at 20 MPH out of the Northwest at tee time! IDGAS, I'm playing!

Damn. 54 degrees? That’s cold.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
82 again this morning. Did not hit driver. Hit the Mini 1.5 off the tee and out drove everyone in the group. Hit the Mini longer than I was hitting the G400.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The mini is a MAXI? :p
Mini shaft: 44". G400 shaft: 45 3/4". No consistency with the longer shaft. Left. Right. Big slice. Snap hook. So, going to take 1" to 1 1/4" off the shaft. Leave it 44 1/2 to 44 3/4. 1" off the butt end of the shaft lowers the swingweight 12 grams. Install a lightweight Winn grip that is 12 to 15 grams less in weight than my typical midsize grip. Should be able to get the consistency back and, hopefully, the confidence to bomb a few out there. I enjoy the Mini but it sits in the basement most of the time. Too similar to a driver for distance. Head too large for consistent use as a 3-wood off the deck. There is no reason I shouldn't be able to hit a driver farther than the Mini... if I get it set up correctly.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Mini shaft: 44". G400 shaft: 45 3/4". No consistency with the longer shaft. Left. Right. Big slice. Snap hook. So, going to take 1" to 1 1/4" off the shaft. Leave it 44 1/2 to 44 3/4. 1" off the butt end of the shaft lowers the swingweight 12 grams. Install a lightweight Winn grip that is 12 to 15 grams less in weight than my typical midsize grip. Should be able to get the consistency back and, hopefully, the confidence to bomb a few out there. I enjoy the Mini but it sits in the basement most of the time. Too similar to a driver for distance. Head too large for consistent use as a 3-wood off the deck. There is no reason I shouldn't be able to hit a driver farther than the Mini... if I get it set up correctly.
Makes sense to me.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
33/32. Played in a 4 man scramble yesterday with my pops and my buddy.

When we showed up at the course it was for the “points game” at 730am. Course failed to tell us they had also scheduled a tournament and it was going to be a long day. Paid the additional $19 and jumped in as the last team in the field.

Yes 3 players in a 4 man scramble. We played pretty damn great but could only muster a meager 5th.

Winning team shot a 57...

We had a great time!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well, my experiment seems to have worked. Cut 1" off the G400 and installed a lightweight Winn grip to make up for the swingweight loss. Added back a little lead tape to the head. Missed one fairway today. Parred that hole. 79 this morning. Considerably better feeling round than I've had in a while. Missed 3 birdie putts by a hair's width.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Played with Roger today. He's a member that plays 36 holes every day. He's older then I am. 'Shot 39 and 41 for an 80. Beautiful fall day.

I know Roger. He’s a close buddy. He hates golf. You must’ve worked a miracle.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
81 today. Still feels so much better than things did a week ago. Driver could be a keeper, now, since some minor modifications. Lost strokes today were the result of two bad chips.

Members online