• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I forgot to post this the other day...

I shot the woodpecker that has been terrorizing my chimney for two years. RIP, pecker.
They seem to enjoy waking an entire neighborhood by hammering on a chimney cap. "Ours" moved to a neighbor's home about two years ago. Evidently, our chimney cap wasn't the right texture or taste. He's still aggravating when he attacks the neighbor's cap. One of my golf buddies complains every year about the woodpecker who attacks their chimney.

The story goes that a woodpecker in Texas was trying to peck holes in a utility pole. He just couldn't break through. Called his woodpecker cousin in Minnesota to fly down and help. The Minnesota woodpecker landed and his pecker immediately began boring holes in the utility pole. A few months later, the Minnesota woodpecker was unable to peck into an old oak tree. So, he hailed his Texas cousin for help. The Texas woodpecker flew up and had no trouble pecking into the oak tree. Moral: The further from home you get, the harder your pecker is.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I forgot to post this the other day...

I shot the woodpecker that has been terrorizing my chimney for two years. RIP, pecker.

Is it fair to say that they’re not the smartest member of the bird Family?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Started to snow when we were on hole #5 this morning. Finished the front 9 and called it quits. On 8 and 9, you couldn't putt. The ball picked up the snow and became a snowball and would just quit rolling.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
It's low 30's here today and supposed to snow. I think we're pretty much done golfing up here for this year. :(
We're probably done for a few days. Really cold the next few nights. Middle of next week, we will be back in the mid-50's and play more golf. Only one year I can remember, in the past 20, where we did not get some golf in during each of the 12 months.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
2" of snow (more coming right now) and 24° F. No golf in the foreseeable future. :(:mad::poop: Switched the snowblower around with the riding mower and changed the spark plug on it.

BogeySwine

Feb 16, 2017
Cleared the 2" of snow on the driveway. Snowplow came by as I was finishing up and put a 6" deep band about two feet wide across the end of the driveway! Took care of that mess in two or three minutes. Got back into the house and the significant other asked if I was going to take my clubs down into the basement. I said I'd wait for another week before I'd do something that drastic! Holding out hope for a few rounds before all the courses close.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
72 today on a beautiful par 64 executive course in Bellview, Fl, called Baseline Golf Course. I'll post some pics. this place is a darling layout!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.