• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
81 this morning. Another BEAUTIFUL day for golf. Friday supposed to have a little rain. Saturday perfect. Sunday through next week.… UGH!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
80. Won another $1.00!!! Wisconsinites... it's 64 degrees right now here in Kansas!! BEAUTIFUL day for golf! Tomorrow supposed to be a carbon copy. Of course, winter storm warning for Sunday with up to 7" snow. Cold next week.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Rough day today. Long frost delay. We are the first group out with about a dozen in the "gallery" waiting to follow us. Hurried play through #1 to make sure we didn't hold up those behind. Then see the clubhouse put two singles in carts... not paired up... as the next ones off. Let one of the singles through at the turn. The other single acted as he was not playing well and didn't push our four. 85. 43/42. Broke even on money. One guy owed me 50 cents and I owed another guy 50 cents.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Another decent round, but had TWO brain farts which cost me a turkey. We are now down to 14 holes for our competition, to enable the later guys teeing off to get round before dark. It was another beautiful day, a bit sharp, but windless. I knocked in two birds to match my two bogies on the front 7 holes to give me a great start on my quest to bag a bird.

On #11 I pushed my drive right, leaving me a big bank of gorse to clear with about 160 yards to the pin. I figured I needed to press, to go for it and I tried to play a "cut up" 7 iron. The lie was not terrific and yes, you've guessed it, I drove it straight into the bank in front of me, burying the ball. Scratch that hole. I recovered well with two pars and a bird, but now I was really pressing, figuring I needed at least one more bird over the final two holes. At #15, our last short hole, I took dead aim at the pin on the right with an 8 iron. It leaked a little right into one of the greenside traps. Ended up taking 5 for another zip. I finished with a par.

It turns out I missed out by 3 shots!!!! Had I played safe with both those shots, playing for a bogey and a par, instead of two birdies, I would now have a bird in hand. But the idiot that I am, I pressed a lot harder than I needed to and am now looking at turkeys in the butcher's window!!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Another decent round, but had TWO brain farts which cost me a turkey. We are now down to 14 holes for our competition, to enable the later guys teeing off to get round before dark. It was another beautiful day, a bit sharp, but windless. I knocked in two birds to match my two bogies on the front 7 holes to give me a great start on my quest to bag a bird.

On #11 I pushed my drive right, leaving me a big bank of gorse to clear with about 160 yards to the pin. I figured I needed to press, to go for it and I tried to play a "cut up" 7 iron. The lie was not terrific and yes, you've guessed it, I drove it straight into the bank in front of me, burying the ball. Scratch that hole. I recovered well with two pars and a bird, but now I was really pressing, figuring I needed at least one more bird over the final two holes. At #15, our last short hole, I took dead aim at the pin on the right with an 8 iron. It leaked a little right into one of the greenside traps. Ended up taking 5 for another zip. I finished with a par.

It turns out I missed out by 3 shots!!!! Had I played safe with both those shots, playing for a bogey and a par, instead of two birdies, I would now have a bird in hand. But the idiot that I am, I pressed a lot harder than I needed to and am now looking at turkeys in the butcher's window!!

Can’t win if you don’t try! Would you play it differently if you didn’t already know the outcome?

BogeySwine

Feb 16, 2017
Courses closed on November 5. I have officially cleaned and put the clubs away for the season! The snow shovels and I had a get together November 1st. I have shoveled the driveway and the decks six times already. No more than 4" of snow on any occasion yet!!!! Filled the gas can for the snow thrower and fired it up. Runs like a champ! Just waiting for the 6" to 12" event to use it. Probably only 5 or 6 months until we golf again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
FINALLY! A day where we could get back out on the course. 11:30 before they let us off due to heavy frost. Place was packed, but we were the first two groups off so played pretty quick. Looks like a one-day-excursion. Weather turning bad again tonight and through the weekend. Played as if I'd never picked up a golf club in my life. Hit one... ONE shot that felt good. Have no idea what the problem was. Carded an 85, but felt like a 105! Lost $1.00.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
FINALLY! A day where we could get back out on the course. 11:30 before they let us off due to heavy frost. Place was packed, but we were the first two groups off so played pretty quick. Looks like a one-day-excursion. Weather turning bad again tonight and through the weekend. Played as if I'd never picked up a golf club in my life. Hit one... ONE shot that felt good. Have no idea what the problem was. Carded an 85, but felt like a 105! Lost $1.00.
You're complaining about an 85? Geesh. :rolleyes:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
A couple of the guys played yesterday. We had a commitment with the neighbors so I could get out. Headed out today and met the guys to play at 1:00 p.m. 37 degrees when we started and got into the low 40's. Lot of sunshine and beautiful day for golf.
I was so mad at my clubs after the round last week, that the entire bag... other than putter... was put in timeout in the basement. Had a bag full of "substitutes off the bench". Shot a 78!! Back to back birdies on 11 and 12. Won 75 cents!!! The putter made a couple unbelievable putts for pars. The bright spot was my "driver". Put the old HiBore 2-wood in the bag for today's driver. It's got a stiff shaft and hadn't seen daylight in a couple years. Wow! Evidently, it wants more playing time because it really shined today.
Weather looks good for play all five days of this coming week.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
No dice again on the hunt for a turkey. Shot +5 for 14 holes, nowhere near good enough for a bird. Hitting the ball very well, but making a few bad swings which are costing me. Finished out with a nice bird, hitting a 7 iron from the rough over a bunker to a back right pin. It rolled out to three feet and tapped it in, a nice way to finish.

I have a very interesting new practice aid, a coat hanger. I have a tendency to flip my chips, tugging gap wedges left. I was at the range last night with my son and I brought a hanger with me, a flat, not rounded one). From 70-100 yards it was automatic. It's like cheating.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.