• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
My word!!! What a terrible day! Woke up... that was about the only good thing. Could NOT get it together on the course. No idea what is wrong. 46/47 for a Rosanne ugly 93!! Been like forever since I've carded a round in the 90's.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
What a tough break. I played on Saturday during the tail end of a storm. Most of the early morning starters canceled. Only a few idiots went out and played, yes, that includes me. 40mph winds, rain and cold temperatures. By 1pm, the weather switched, I was back at home in my garden and the wind dropped to almost nothing, the temperature increased by 10-15 degrees. Needless to say, the winners came from the afternoon starters. I shot a "heroic 83". Even though I made ZERO putts on the moss. I played a 430 par four into the wind, nuked a drive, followed by a good three wood and I still had 70 yards! My playing partners shot 107 and 99!! But we all said on the 18th how much we enjoyed it!! :D:D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Third day in a row of pathetic golf. No idea what's wrong. Just in a complete funk. Chunks... tops... pulls... pushes.... Lost $1.50! Good thing we don't have rent or a house payment or I'd have to head to the bank for a loan..............

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Golf is so frustrating, not because you have a bad round. It's frustrating because when you have a bad streak, you know you can play better. Really hacking it around this past few days. Today, same person... same clubs... same golf ball... same course. 73! 4 birdies!! Putts were falling. Irons were crisp. Mavrik was awesome. Stupid game.......

Oh! Took $4.00 off the geezers! About the best one can do in our wolf game.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I like the game because it's hard. If it was easy I probably would've quit it a long time ago.
In a former life, had a sales rep sitting in my office. She saw some golf items on my desk. "My husband bought a set of clubs and played only one or two times. He shot under par each time he played and saw no challenge in the game. So, he sold the clubs and hasn't played since." Never bought a thing from her. I figured if she was so gullible to believe such b.s. from her husband, she would sell you priceless art and, when you got it, it would be nothing but nude pictures of Rosanne and Oprah.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well, it's time to send "Get better soon!" cards to some in my geezer group. They aren't ill. They just need to get better at golf if they want to keep me from taking their quarters. Won another $1.25 yesterday. 77.

No golf today. Bank meeting at 10 a.m. Contractor meeting at 1:30. Meeting at another bank at 3:30. Rain moves in tomorrow and predicted for the next five or six days. Could be a wet dry spell.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Played with Ed and Shirley. 43 and 40 for 83. Went to the driving range and fixed my driving. Was overswinging and hit a few small hooks.

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Had a VGA event in Madison today. Didn't play well, shot 80. I just gave up and enjoyed the guys i was with. Had a good time. Guess I won, but it dosen't feel like it. My knee is killing me. I fear I may have damaged it AGAIN. Oh well

Members online

No members online now.