• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Shot league today and rained a couple holes. 42. One bird on the first par 5 and parred the last par 5. Other then that a ho-hum 42. Started out horribly with a double bogey and then four straight bogeys. Then picked it up a little.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Been a pretty good week, so far. Carding rounds in the upper 70's. Have added to my "quarter stash" every day. The Mini's have taken a backseat since the Mavrik has become quite dependable. The switch of 50 degree gap wedges a week ago has paid huge dividends. It helped so much to just get rid of putters that would keep me changing every time I had a bad outing. Staying with one has got me really comfortable with it and I'm making more putts than in recent history.
Life is good.......

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Good golf continued, today... until the back nine. Another 37 on the front. Thought I had finally brought golf to its knees. Bogeyed the first four holes on the back. The next five holes gave me four pars and one bird. So 39 for a 76.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Played league on the front nine and couldn't make a putt. 48. Then played on the back nine and made putts for 40. How can you do that? Hit the driver and fairway woods good all day.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Played league on the front nine and couldn't make a putt. 48. Then played on the back nine and made putts for 40. How can you do that? Hit the driver and fairway woods good all day.
Easy answer! You hit a driver about 14 times/round. In the case of some people known as "driver addicts", you have a plethora of drivers to choose from. And... drivers are being bought and sold more often than most people change underwear. So... your drivers perform because they are well rested. They never get enough use to even think about being tired and not giving you good results.
Now... your putter hits 30 some putts/round. That one putter... round after round after round... never gets a chance to become well rested. They will shine from time to time, but can fall flat due to pure exhaustion. So... instead of buying new drivers faster than gossip travels in a church ladies group in a small Wisconsin town... buy putters. Cameron... Bettinardi... Custom made putters.... I've heard the more expensive putters tire less easily so equip yourself with the best money can buy.

You can thank me for the above expert advice later......:rolleyes:

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Easy answer! You hit a driver about 14 times/round. In the case of some people known as "driver addicts", you have a plethora of drivers to choose from. And... drivers are being bought and sold more often than most people change underwear. So... your drivers perform because they are well rested. They never get enough use to even think about being tired and not giving you good results.
Now... your putter hits 30 some putts/round. That one putter... round after round after round... never gets a chance to become well rested. They will shine from time to time, but can fall flat due to pure exhaustion. So... instead of buying new drivers faster than gossip travels in a church ladies group in a small Wisconsin town... buy putters. Cameron... Bettinardi... Custom made putters.... I've heard the more expensive putters tire less easily so equip yourself with the best money can buy.

You can thank me for the above expert advice later......:rolleyes:

NOW you tell me. :mad:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Just not focused this morning. Could not stop making stupid mental errors. 40/40 = 80.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I've been hitting the ball well recently, just can't buy a putt. I discovered, almost by complete chance, that I've been "holding off" my putter rather than releasing the head at impact. When I discovered this I had a surreal moment last night, I holed 4 putts from about 15ft circled around the hole. For a moment, I felt like Tiger. It was like someone hit a switch.

I'm psyched to play on Saturday, I'm going low!!! ;)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
40/41 this morning. Storm went through last night and left tree debris all over the course. 70 mph winds will do that. Crew got out early and cleared/mowed greens. Fairways were a mess. Partners wouldn't show up to help. Lost $1.50. Need a loan to cover rent!!!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.