• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
We're still getting a few days/week in on the course. Yesterday was one of the worst rounds of golf I have played in a long time. Could not do anything. Was down $2.00 at the turn and lost another quarter on the back. $2.25 of my hard earned money down the drain.

Came back this morning like I was the Club Champion!!! A couple of birds and lots of pars. My birdie on 18 saw me win $2.50 for the day!!! I'm ahead 25 cents for the week!!.

Tomorrow's weather will keep me reclinerized! Not looking good for golf until Friday or Saturday.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
January 31 in Kansas... middle of Winter... and it's 55 degrees. Lots of golf the past few days. Bottom supposed to drop out beginning tomorrow night. Predictions are 4" to 11" of snow. Here, that means we will actually get 1" to 3". But, it's going to turn really cold. -15 wind chill Friday morning.

Four birds, yesterday. Four in the group. Traded partners every three holes. Two of my birds when "J" was my partner. Two of my birds when "P" was my partner. ZERO when "K" was my partner. "J" was my partner on the last three holes. Birdied 17 and "K" was already pouting. When I rolled a 12 footer in for bird on 18, he went pure nuts!!! Thought people in Wisconsin would hear him cussing! Thought he might have to be put in a straitjacket and hauled to the funny farm!

Today, birdied three of the first four holes. By hole 8, began to unravel. Still ended up with a 71... one under for the day.

Hitting unbelievable drives!!! (Fairways are hard as a rock, partially frozen.) But, you have no idea what the second shots will do. Have to land everything short and hope it rolls on. We've been playing enough, sorta getting the feel of how you need to club.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Still playing almost every day. We've had a couple light snowfalls. The course has reopened one or two days later. Drives go forever on half frozen fairways. We've had to move balls on the greens so you don't putt through some light snow. But... we're out there.
Up and down play. Tuesday, couldn't miss a putt. Sailing along on Cloud 9. The last two days... can't make a putt. Couldn't even get off the tee, this morning. Was about even for the week, money wise, until this morning. Had to had over $2.00 at the end of the round!!! :<(
Tomorrow will be a perfect day for golf. Then, the weekend turns awfully cold. Play tomorrow and, then, play again starting Monday.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
My new stealth driver will be in next week. That's all I have to look forward too. Will give it a go at jhmeg2's "shank shack".

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Strong north winds this morning. Upper 40's so not fit for man nor beast... unless you want to play golf!!

Started out in the same funk I've been in for a few days. Made the turn and the "feel" came back. Two birds on the back. Only birds in the entire group, this morning. Conditions were tough. Won 50 cents!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Rough week on the course. Lost my life savings, retirement funds, home, truck, wife.... Those quarter games can get expensive!!!!

Most of the grief is all about putting. Sheesh! I miss a lot of putts. Won $1.00 this morning, though. Hopefully win some more of my losses back tomorrow.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Shot horrible on the front after hibernating all winter. 47. It could have been worse if I wasn't putting really well. Second nine was way better 41 for 88. I golfed again! Life is good.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Still putting good, had a chip in birdie and started really hitting my clubs. 40 and 41 for 82. I should not have scored that well this early in the season.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I've got a new pair of spikeless shoes with clover printed all over them. They are LUCKY! I'm putting good and chipping like sssmokin but the rest is luck. 40 and 40 for 80 today. I shouldn't be scoring this good.

🔥 Latest posts