• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
So did you become a course superintendent? Or just like a foreman?
Also I shot a cool 35 (-1) in my work league last night and a 36 at the home club Sunday afternoon when I got out of work!
We fired our Superintendent July 16th. Needed to happen earlier. As VP of the Board of Directors, I am chair of the Grounds & Greens Committee. Our new superintendent won't be on site until the 15th of this month. We've turned the course around with existing staff, volunteers from the membership, and a couple of us Board members. I've been out there early every morning since we let the old super go, assigning tasks for the day... working on the irrigation system, ordering parts, spending hours on mowers, etc. It's been a team effort. So proud to be associated with such a great Board and an awesome membership. In addition to the day to day, I have to have my draft 2023 budget ready for Finance Committee this coming Tuesday. Have that almost done.

Ain't no way, at almost 76 years old I'm looking for a job. The pay for these 10 hour days is ZERO!! But, it's the satisfaction of seeing our course not only survive, but begin to glow again.

Heat pretty well got to me today. Planning on leaving it with the crew, tomorrow, and play with the geezers. Miss the interaction. Of course, those plans could go bad if the irrigation system would hiccup tonight.

We have a 9-member Board of Directors. This is my 5th year and after 2023... I'm done!!! We have worked hard to keep the board diverse between ages and genders. Have two really great ladies on the Board. Good mix of us old farts who have the time to work when needed and the young flatbellies who we need to help build the younger generation part of the membership.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I played in our Club Championship on Saturday. It was off the tips and I got a good steady start, +1 for the first 7 holes. Then the wheels came off, my driver deserted me. Funny how fragile this game is. I limped home in 85 shots. Hate this game sometimes.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Maybe a new driver? :D
Is there one made you haven't tried and could give IG advice on??? 🤣

I'm sure lovin' my Exotics driver. Been a long time since my driving game has been this good. Heck! I may actually be getting some 180 yard drives outta it!!! :rolleyes::D

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Is there one made you haven't tried and could give IG advice on??? 🤣

I'm sure lovin' my Exotics driver. Been a long time since my driving game has been this good. Heck! I may actually be getting some 180 yard drives outta it!!! :rolleyes::D
No. Btw, I've played half the summer with a new driver and none of you guys have noticed LOL. My trick was I just didn't review it.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
41/39 for an 80. Rough around the edges. After this past week, everything I own aches. Limping like a one-legged banshee. Right hip and ankle both hurting. But... could have played much worse. Lost 25 cents.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
34 (no bogies and two birds) and 41 (1 bird) for 75. Putting has been unbelieveable. And striping the driver down the middle as long as I can ever remember. Maybe by 80 yrs old I'll be par.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
We fired our Superintendent July 16th. Needed to happen earlier. As VP of the Board of Directors, I am chair of the Grounds & Greens Committee. Our new superintendent won't be on site until the 15th of this month. We've turned the course around with existing staff, volunteers from the membership, and a couple of us Board members. I've been out there early every morning since we let the old super go, assigning tasks for the day... working on the irrigation system, ordering parts, spending hours on mowers, etc. It's been a team effort. So proud to be associated with such a great Board and an awesome membership. In addition to the day to day, I have to have my draft 2023 budget ready for Finance Committee this coming Tuesday. Have that almost done.

Ain't no way, at almost 76 years old I'm looking for a job. The pay for these 10 hour days is ZERO!! But, it's the satisfaction of seeing our course not only survive, but begin to glow again.

Heat pretty well got to me today. Planning on leaving it with the crew, tomorrow, and play with the geezers. Miss the interaction. Of course, those plans could go bad if the irrigation system would hiccup tonight.

We have a 9-member Board of Directors. This is my 5th year and after 2023... I'm done!!! We have worked hard to keep the board diverse between ages and genders. Have two really great ladies on the Board. Good mix of us old farts who have the time to work when needed and the young flatbellies who we need to help build the younger generation part of the membership.
Awesome to hear! Members like you is what makes great courses great, glad to hear the course is on the up and up!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Still about 10 days out from my daily play. Irrigation went down late yesterday afternoon. To the course at 4:30 a.m., wandering around in the dark to find isolation valves. Once got the leak isolated, staff could begin manually running the greens sprinklers. Ordered a plethora of mower parts and, then, mowed rough for a few hours. Was home by noon since it's the wife's birthday.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Played 18 on our Riverside course in 1 hour and 40 mins and shot even. I teed off at 8pm and walked off the 18th as the light faded. 4 birds and 4 bogeys. I actually holed a few putts!!
A stunning evening with zero breeze, we are currently experiencing a heat wave. Life is good

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Took the dog for a walk 2 nights ago to our local beach. Gorgeous weather here right now.

You're welcome.

Attachments

• Beach.jpg
    Beach.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 39

🔥 Latest posts