• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Got out for 9 this afternoon. Wasn't supposed to be this nice, so had a 1:00 appointment. Course opened at 12:30. Sunshine. No wind. 45 degrees. When I got to the course, my buddy was just coming off #9 green. Worked out perfectly. Joined him on 10 and away we went.
Cart path only, due to wet fairways. No problem. Did not miss a single fairway on the back with the new Epic. Taking a little getting used to, but sorta forgot how good those feel and sound.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Pretty sure even limp could win at least 50 cents from this guy

1674596595450.png

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Pretty sure even limp could win at least 50 cents from this guy

View attachment 32555
65 strokes on a par 4?? 1 under on the preceding 6 holes? Why the heck would you not just walk off the course? Honestly don't see how anyone could card a 65 on a single hole. He should have been able to score better than that using just his putter!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Playing regularly again. Just two of us Thursday and yesterday. Course pretty deserted. High temps in the 30's. Today, it was 40 degrees when we teed off. Strong southwest wind, so seemed colder. Fairways still pretty frozen so you hit drives like a strapping 20 year old!! Four of us this morning. Between the four, there were 13 birdies. I had two of them. Both were cancelled in our 'game' because someone else rolled a birdie in on top of them. Eagled 18. Perfectly placed drive. Pulled the new 3h Super Hybrid and stripped one to 6 feet. One of the longest par 5's we play on our course!! Cleaned out the geezers' pockets!! Won $2.00!!!
Had the Eye 2+ BeCu's back in the bag. Got home with the T300's and found they were 1" short. Took 'em back and my golf shop put them back to 1/4" over standard length, reinstalled the like-new midsize grips, and I picked them back up today. They will be in the bag tomorrow.
10 days of perfect weather ahead. Highs in the 50's.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
As reported, last Saturday I eagled #18. The Super Hybrid 3h had me on in two and I sunk the eagle putt. Sunday, I was back on in two. Missed the 10 ft. eagle putt. Settled for birdie. Today, hit the worst drive of the day on 18. Pushed the ball into the trees on the right. Punched out to 109 yards left to the hole. Pulled the 48 degree T300 GW. When I hit it, it felt really good. Buddy says, "I think that went in!" Told him it probably went over the green. Walked up and picked the ball out of the hole. Eagle!
This is beginning to become my favorite hole on the course. Haven't had two eagles this close together and this early in the season ever!

Got my T300's back last Saturday. As said, when I picked them up they were 1" short. Golf shop blew off the grips, extended to 1/4" long and reinstalled the grips for me. Took a couple days to get used to the T300 looks. Honestly, they have that "shovel" look after playing the Srixon blades. Good feedback You know when you've nutted it... and when you haven't. Two birds and an eagle today. Missed at least 2 birdie putts that should have been made. Gonna take some getting used to with the chipping game.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
For you guys up north, we had our snowmageddon this past week. Predicted 4" to 6". We got a dusting... less than 1". So, missed the past two days, but back out today. Oh, 56 degrees F right now.

The Epic Speed is epic!! Still don't know why I got rid of the first one. And, these Epic SuperHybrids are working great. Still having a little trouble getting used to the T300's. But, by the back 9, this morning, had everything working. 3 under in the last 9 holes!!

Still had an 80 due to the pathetic way I played on the front. Thanks to the back, I still won $1.50 from the geezers!!!

New Superintendent has already sprayed fairways with preemergence. Our really cold weather is past so he's been doing quite a bit of irrigating. Reall8y anxious to see how he treats our greens this year. Near the end of last year, they were rolling like a garage floor.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
We are still in summer, loads of beautiful days here, unfortunately Golf has taken a back seat in my life, hoping to get back into it soon.
Another name from the past!! Good to see you're still kickin'!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Four days of snow this week. Three days of snowblowing and shoveling. Back to zero golf chance.
You folks up north have taken a beating this winter! We've missed the past couple days with cold temps, but will be back on the course tomorrow. Supposed to have some thunderstorms coming in tomorrow night. No snow in sight. Spent some time at the course, today, just getting out of the house. Dog is even tired of me being here!!!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Got me a new hip two week ago! I now have matching bionic hips. Been a weird convalescence so far. Seems like it was 6 months ago. I'm up and walking, doing physio, but it will be at least x4 more weeks before I start swinging a club again. I did manage to sneak to the putting green yesterday. I'll be looing to get to the gym in the coming weeks to try and rebuild some strength.

🔥 Latest posts