• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
One of "those" mornings. Calm before the storm. 47 degrees, with winter advisory for tomorrow and over the weekend. Now predicting 2" sleet/ice, followed by 7" - 10" snow. Buddy and I were planning on playing at 1 p.m. He has a meeting at the course at noon and we were going to play after that. I went out at 9 a.m. and it was beautiful. Called him. He said he would head right out. About 5 minutes later, he called back saying his wife had gone shopping... took his car with his clubs in the trunk. He showed up about 30 minutes later. Said he had located her, driven to where she was shopping, and traded vehicles with her. We got out about 5 minutes til 10:00. He said he could play until right at noon and would quit to attend the prearranged meeting. We FLEW!! Made the turn in exactly one hour. Finished 18 at 10 til 12:00... almost exactly 2 hours. Cart path only!! I'm one tired old man!!!

Played lights out!! Evidently, the lack of taking time to focus paid off. 39/37... 76. IIRC, my second best round ever. 4 birdies... one of those was chipping in with one of the wedges I added weight to last night. The R1 caught fire and was long and straight. Actually missed 3 short putts on the front so it could have been an even lower score. I'd been beating the ball around, not scoring well at all. Hopefully, this was a sign that maybe I turned the corner and can have a halfway decent season!!!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Played lights out!! Evidently, the lack of taking time to focus paid off. 39/37... 76. IIRC, my second best round ever. 4 birdies... one of those was chipping in with one of the wedges I added weight to last night. The R1 caught fire and was long and straight. Actually missed 3 short putts on the front so it could have been an even lower score. I'd been beating the ball around, not scoring well at all. Hopefully, this was a sign that maybe I turned the corner and can have a halfway decent season!!!

And then you woke up?

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
So where do I have to go that I can play? Ky sounds like it might not be to far. A buddy of mine was talking about just going for a few days that we could drive there and play.

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
There won't be any golf here for a while. We are getting ready to be hit with a winter storm that will include up to 3/4 of an inch of ice this week. Everything is still wet and soggy here too.

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
I didn't get to play today, because there's four feet of snow outside. I did however just become seriously likeable. . . Wood hooo

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Always used to go down by the big lake in KY past Peducah (spelling) toward the end of March. One time it was sunny and 80's the whole time, the other times it was lucky to get to 50°.............miserable windy and rainy.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
That's only 60 miles from where our son is. Let me know if you decide to head down there. I'll try to convince the wife we need to spend a weekend with the kids. I'll drop her off and come play golf.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.