• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
Didn't play to bad today. Played Coldwater GC (AG knows the place). I had trouble getting off the tee on the front side, but straightened it up on the back. Knock down wedges were working well and saved me a few strokes. Shot a 43/39 for a nice little 82. I'm happy with that after my layoff and still coming off a frozen shoulder.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Didn't play to bad today. Played Coldwater GC (AG knows the place). I had trouble getting off the tee on the front side, but straightened it up on the back. Knock down wedges were working well and saved me a few strokes. Shot a 43/39 for a nice little 82. I'm happy with that after my layoff and still coming off a frozen shoulder.
Nice!

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
It's funny, I don't remember a damn thing about that course...other than the name. Too much booze that weekend.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I've been playing like a dog lately. I had only hit 4 greens in my last 27 holes. Today I went out with a couple of guys who like to gamble and I picked them like chickens! 3 birds, 3 bogies, even fuking par. I did not miss a putt inside 6 feet. Unreal. Damn, I had a good time.

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
played yesterday, shot 88 again.

new driver still working brilliantly, had one bomb of a drive ending up on about 320 yards (no gps, only course markers) but ave drives was between 260 and 275 yards - roughly and straight, which is a huge bonus for me.

looking at getting a gps thingy soon.

still had a blast, laterly i'm not worried about score, as this is all social golf - only worry about scoring when in competitions. whenever that will be again, enjoying this social side of golf too much now!

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa

new driver still working brilliantly, had one bomb of a drive ending up on about 320 yards (no gps, only course markers) but ave drives was between 260 and 275 yards - roughly and straight, which is a huge bonus for me.

still had a blast, laterly i'm not worried about score, as this is all social golf - only worry about scoring when in competitions. whenever that will be again, enjoying this social side of golf too much now!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country

Golf is a lot more fun... when it's for fun!!! When you can laugh at the chunked wedge, then have your buddies congratulate you when you follow by dropping a 40 FT putt... it's fun. Too many have difficulty separating the fact that Golf is a GAME from the fantasy that they are the next Rory or Jordan or ........

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Minor surgery scheduled early tomorrow morning. My regular golf partner wanted to play early, today, since he had to be on the road by 9 a.m. We left #1 tee at 6:30 a.m. Played 18 and were done at 5 minutes before 9. 2 1/2 hours for 18. Sailed right along. Driver wasn't working. Struggled, but the irons and putter bailed me out. Felt like a 90, but added up to an 83.
Clubhouse said my "other" regular group was scheduled for 10 a.m. Headed to the house and switched drivers. Back to the course and we went off #1 at 10 a.m. as a 5-some. Finished that 18 at 1:20. 3 hours, 20 minutes for the second 18. Different driver worked wonderfully!! Tired by the back 9 and couldn't chip or putt. Struggled to an........ 83.

42/41/41/42 and home by 1:45 in the afternoon. Not bad for a days work..... Now, it's nap time!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Got to the course and they said there was an outing (9-hole scramble) starting at noon and that members could play in it for free. So I did. They paired me with this short guy 34 years old (nice guy) and we had to play as a two man team instead of four man team but got to hit two shots each from each spot because there was only the two of us. Jeremy was an ace. I hit the ball long and straight and he put it passed me 30-40 yards (probably 270-280 avg). I did outdrive him on two holes though. In any case we won! Got a $25 gift certificate for a fish fry. It was a small outing. Lot's of cool shit always happening at this course. We were 2 under with no bogeys.

Anders_H

mmmm, beer
Mar 12, 2015
Gavle
Country
Sweden Sweden
It feels so good reading about all your "I had a great round...I shoot a 83 today...Weather was great.."
Just wanted to let you know that my home course hasn't opened yet... They say it might open on friday, I'm happy to say that I'm not working on friday so when I wake up I'll head to the clubhouse for breakfast and hopefully a round of golf.
Even if my play sucks I will enjoy every second of it.

By the way, the first line in this post was a tad sarcastic..

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
I guess you could say I play too much. But I started the season with a 4.x handicap. Got it up to a 9.6, and now back down to 5.6. I have changed drivers, irons, putters, swings, playing partners.... you name it, it's been changed once if not twice. But, I have noticed, that when I don't care about score, and think I'm playing bad, I end up with a 39 or better. The worst I have played in the past week was 36-45, I think it had something to do with the pain in my back, and I also thought I was gonna poo myself. Either way, if anyone is in the Wisconsin area and wants to play, let me know.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.