• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
played yesterday, shot 88 again.

new driver still working brilliantly, had one bomb of a drive ending up on about 320 yards (no gps, only course markers) but ave drives was between 260 and 275 yards - roughly and straight, which is a huge bonus for me.

looking at getting a gps thingy soon.

still had a blast, laterly i'm not worried about score, as this is all social golf - only worry about scoring when in competitions. whenever that will be again, enjoying this social side of golf too much now!
I needed anew battery for my laser. I forgot to go to radio shack, by the time I remembered, the store had gone out of business. Sooo, I bought a sky caddie at the course. Lol. The next day went to Ace hardware and got a few batteries. It's nice, I don't have to pick it up and shoot a target each time. And since I'm not good enough to care, 5 yards ain't gonna matter. I like it.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I needed anew battery for my laser. I forgot to go to radio shack, by the time I remembered, the store had gone out of business. Sooo, I bought a sky caddie at the course. Lol. The next day went to Ace hardware and got a few batteries. It's nice, I don't have to pick it up and shoot a target each time. And since I'm not good enough to care, 5 yards ain't gonna matter. I like it.
You're good enough and you know it! ;) You'll like that sky caddie.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
played yesterday, shot 88 again.

new driver still working brilliantly, had one bomb of a drive ending up on about 320 yards (no gps, only course markers) but ave drives was between 260 and 275 yards - roughly and straight, which is a huge bonus for me.

looking at getting a gps thingy soon.

still had a blast, laterly i'm not worried about score, as this is all social golf - only worry about scoring when in competitions. whenever that will be again, enjoying this social side of golf too much now!
You can say that again.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Minor surgery scheduled early tomorrow morning. My regular golf partner wanted to play early, today, since he had to be on the road by 9 a.m. We left #1 tee at 6:30 a.m. Played 18 and were done at 5 minutes before 9. 2 1/2 hours for 18. Sailed right along. Driver wasn't working. Struggled, but the irons and putter bailed me out. Felt like a 90, but added up to an 83.
Clubhouse said my "other" regular group was scheduled for 10 a.m. Headed to the house and switched drivers. Back to the course and we went off #1 at 10 a.m. as a 5-some. Finished that 18 at 1:20. 3 hours, 20 minutes for the second 18. Different driver worked wonderfully!! Tired by the back 9 and couldn't chip or putt. Struggled to an........ 83.

42/41/41/42 and home by 1:45 in the afternoon. Not bad for a days work..... Now, it's nap time!!
Are you finally getting your head pulled out of your a$$??? Lol!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Played in league today and shot a crappy 49 with snowmen on both par 5's. Of all the holes to hit bad drives on. But I birdied the last par 3. Other 3 in the group all hit nice iron shots on the green. I skulled a low running screamer that (yes, you guess it) rolled on the green 5 feet from the pin and I made the birdie putt. All the others parred it. Yuk. Yuk. Sometimes luck is better then skill I guess.

Anders_H

mmmm, beer
Mar 12, 2015
Gavle
Country
Sweden Sweden
I know mine will ricochet off a ball washer or something.
I shot mine on the 8th here at home, par 3 155 yards. Neither me or my friend saw the ball go in (bad eyesight..) but some guys on the driving range next to the green started jumping up and down :)
It was 14 years ago almost to the day, on my mothers 61st birthday.

Fun fact: The next day, Nick Backstrom aced the same hole..now he is in the NHL and I'm here stuck with you guys..

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I shot mine on the 8th here at home, par 3 155 yards. Neither me or my friend saw the ball go in (bad eyesight..) but some guys on the driving range next to the green started jumping up and down :)
It was 14 years ago almost to the day, on my mothers 61st birthday.

Fun fact: The next day, Nick Backstrom aced the same hole..now he is in the NHL and I'm here stuck with you guys..
That's a pretty fukin cool story

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
Played in league today and shot a crappy 49 with snowmen on both par 5's. Of all the holes to hit bad drives on. But I birdied the last par 3. Other 3 in the group all hit nice iron shots on the green. I skulled a low running screamer that (yes, you guess it) rolled on the green 5 feet from the pin and I made the birdie putt. All the others parred it. Yuk. Yuk. Sometimes luck is better then skill I guess.

Greatest game!

🔥 Latest posts