• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Used to think you were an okay guy. After that comment, my dislike for you has peaked!! :D:D We had about 8" snow last night and this morning. Not supposed to get back above freezing for a week.
Wanna borrow my snowblower? Here's the trick. Buy a snowblower, snowmobile or whatever and it will never snow again. :D

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Had another round yesterday. 38/36, 2 over, and was thanks to a pulled drive resulting in a double. Only drive all day that went awol. But I can live with that. Had another eagle chance in 18, and lipped out once again lol.
New handicap rankings happen soon and I'm dropping from 7.6 to 5.6. A steep drop but I can confidently say I'll be comfortable playing to a lower handicap already.
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1453676309.831380.jpg

Am now on 2 weeks holiday so have a round lined up each day for the next 4 days. Then a weekend break and then another 4 days of golf. Might even play a 2 dayer event the last weekend of my holiday and see how I perform.

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Funny thing is, ever since changing from my old course (par 68, easier course rating (Kaitake in the pic above)) to the new course (par 72, harder course rating in above pic) the handicap is plummeting, something I've never been able to do even despite playing, technically, at a harder course.
And the one thing I can think to put it down to is green size. The greens were quite small, or even a bit narrow at the old course, making them harder to hit obviously. And the new course have quite long, wide greens (some double the size I was used to). It's funny as I'm sure the guys going from the harder course would absolutely struggle at the 'easier' course, but doing it the other way around has shown maybe i want actually missing greens as much as I thought I was, just the greens must've been a lot harder to hit.

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
38/40, 6 over at a different course. Haven't broken 80 at this course so was good to do so. Didn't drive or putt very well. Pretty pleased considering I didn't feel like I played too well.
Playing in my local club haggle tomorrow. Got 3rd of 17 on Sunday, hoping to better that tomorrow.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I played on Saturday. The good is really good, the bad is as usual. I hit 10 drivers; 4 were peachy, 4 were mmmmmm and 2 were ~***##$!!!v€€. The latter represent a low pull hook that is killing me. Irons are good, short game is decent. I just can't figure what I am doing on these shots as it feels the same every time. It's as if whatever position I get into is smothering the clubface before impact. It's pissing me off!!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I played on Saturday. The good is really good, the bad is as usual. I hit 10 drivers; 4 were peachy, 4 were mmmmmm and 2 were ~***##$!!!v€€. The latter represent a low pull hook that is killing me. Irons are good, short game is decent. I just can't figure what I am doing on these shots as it feels the same every time. It's as if whatever position I get into is smothering the clubface before impact. It's pissing me off!!

Perhaps hit 3 wood for a while?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Been fighting the shanks worse than I can ever remember. The snow melted and the course opened about 10 a.m. yesterday. We played and I saw one of the worst rounds in ages... all because of repeated shanking of irons. Got pretty frustrated. Why, at almost 70 years old would anyone in their right mind put up with this kind of frustration???!!!!
Spent the early morning hours reading some articles on curing shanks. Back out this morning. Frost delay until 10:30 and we were the first off. Used one of the pointers in a short article. Not one shank all day. 43/38. I'll take it.
What I read was to move the left hand to a little stronger position and move the hands forward to the middle of the thigh. I had been playing a little weak left hand and had hands about zipper position. Took a few holes to get used to the change, but am stoked that maybe.... just maybe I can kiss those dreaded shanks goodbye. Supposed to only get up to about 40 tomorrow and Monday. Plan on playing both days. 10" snow predicted for Monday night and Tuesday.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Ah, the dreaded shanks, Limp. Something I've had to deal with on and off over the last few years.

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
How the heck can you go from 81 one day to 93 the next!! @#$%^ Same course. Same tees. Even nicer weather. And you act as if you haven't played golf in years. The dreaded "s" word hit!! It's a wonder I wasn't shanking my putter two greens to the right! Every thing else was a 90 degree hosel rocket headed dead right! Gonna take every club I own to a pawn shop today and take up checkers or shuffleboard. The way I played yesterday, I'm not too far from either the nursing home or the mental institution!!!!

We are playing again today at 10 a.m. It's anyone's guess as to what this dastardly game will hand me today.........
Lol. I've gone out a shot 91 79 back to back

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.