• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
A rough and tumble... ugly as sin 86. And, that was dropping a 25 foot putt on 18 for birdie!! Nothing worked. Trying to play from the longer tees with the flat-bellies had me trying to overswing on everything. Could NOT talk myself into just playing my game and not try to swing out of my shoes. I'm home. It's nap time!!!!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
A rough and tumble... ugly as sin 86. And, that was dropping a 25 foot putt on 18 for birdie!! Nothing worked. Trying to play from the longer tees with the flat-bellies had me trying to overswing on everything. Could NOT talk myself into just playing my game and not try to swing out of my shoes. I'm home. It's nap time!!!!!
Good to hear I'm not the only one with that problem.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Stupid is as stupid does!!!! Same course. Same group. Same tees. Same.... Went out with the intent of playing "my" game. Turned a 38 on the front. Wow! I can really play this game. Tripled #10... Doubled #11... Finally got it back together... sort of... but by then the round was pretty much shot. 38/44 for an 82. I would usually take an 82, but when you play the front under 40.... Oh, well. Will see whether Jekyll or Hyde show up next weekend.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Prophet CBs. Was really nasty out today. Grass was wet and thick. Made the little chips that you need to get close tough.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Shot a 79 on Saturday off the tips. I can't close out a round. Our last three holes represent a tough stretch. Index 6, 2 and 8 respectively. The rough is brutal right now, very punishing. For the last few weeks I have stood on the 16th with good scores only to crumble. On Saturday I hit a great drive on 16 and a 4 iron to 10ft. Let the putt in the jaws, but a solid par. Happy, two to go.

On 17 I drove into rough and had to hack out, making a good bogey. Then on 18 I hit my worst drive of the day and was lucky to find it in heavy rough. Gouged out a lob wedge all of 10 yards to the fairway and left my 3rd on the edge of the green. Three jacked it to finish with a double. Its soul destroying to play 15 holes really well and then watch it go down the toilet on the last three. I'm going to try hypnotherapy!!

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Shot a 79 on Saturday off the tips. I can't close out a round. Our last three holes represent a tough stretch. Index 6, 2 and 8 respectively. The rough is brutal right now, very punishing. For the last few weeks I have stood on the 16th with good scores only to crumble. On Saturday I hit a great drive on 16 and a 4 iron to 10ft. Let the putt in the jaws, but a solid par. Happy, two to go.

On 17 I drove into rough and had to hack out, making a good bogey. Then on 18 I hit my worst drive of the day and was lucky to find it in heavy rough. Gouged out a lob wedge all of 10 yards to the fairway and left my 3rd on the edge of the green. Three jacked it to finish with a double. Its soul destroying to play 15 holes really well and then watch it go down the toilet on the last three. I'm going to try hypnotherapy!!
You broke 80, no whining! Like I told subsonic, golf hates us. ;)

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I'm usually like the Postman, always delivers. Right now I feel like USPS on crack! Maybe I'm getting tired, dunno, but I have to work on my mental toughness. Hence posting on here! ;)

I share your frustration with finishing weak. Given the choice, I would much rather start out with a few gaffs and salvage the round than blow up on the home stretch.

Last edited:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.