• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
CRAZY round!!! Didn't have a par until 17... and that was the ONLY par today. 4 birdies... 13 bogeys... 1 par. 81. On 15, two of the other guys in the group bet each other $5 whether I would our would not get a par all day. Stupids!!!

Played with the "big boys" again today. Too much for this old man any more. Hitting nothing but long irons and wedges into greens. Chipping was good, but putting stunk! I probably missed 5 putts inside 5 feet.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Played with the "big boys" again today. Too much for this old man any more. Hitting nothing but long irons and wedges into greens. Chipping was good, but putting stunk! I probably missed 5 putts inside 5 feet.

Ahem ... Limp. Don't worry about the long game. Looks like there were lost opportunities with the chipping and putting.

Aren't geezers supposed to be deadly around the greens? [emoji6]

Played in a work par 3 contest on Thursday. Started -1 through 3 holes. Ended with a +5 32 for the 9 holes. Guess what hole the alcohol started kicking in/flowing???

Hole zero?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Not getting light until about 6:45. Just as soon as we could see the turn on #1, we teed off. All three were in the fairway on #3. I hit... had the short drive. Drove to the SIL's ball. He exited the cart and walked over to his ball. The golf cart was moving like someone was standing beside it and rocking it. I looked and could see the SIL and see the other player in his cart. Told the SIL something was wrong. He told me I was "losing it" and hit to the green.
We get back to the clubhouse at the turn and one of the people there asked if we felt the earthquake. 5.3 hit down in Oklahoma and was felt all the way to Nebraska. We had people saying rocking chairs were rocking and some small items falling off shelves here in Manhattan. That's the second pretty good shaking I've been through with these fracking quakes. Weird....

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.