• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Uncle Azzhole

Jack of all trades, azzhole in all of them...
Apr 30, 2018
Salem Oregon
Country
United States United States
My brother came up to Oregon from SoCal to see me and my other brother so we wanted to play a round (we try every time we see each other since we dont see each other often) We played Sunset Grove Golf club, a 9 hole course. WE teed off at 4:02pm and the course was pretty busy... 78 degrees and around a 15mph wind made it tough but I shot 4 over par for the first 9 (double boggied the easiest par 4 on the course because I was screwing around and not concentrating on playing golf on my drive, hit it into the trees :mad: We got to the club house at 5:45pm and paid for another round to make it 18... We didnt tee off for another 40 minutes because there were 2 groups in front of us. We get to the 2nd hole and there were 4 groups of 4 sitting there waiting while a group of 4 hacked it down the fairway 30 or so feet at a time :mad: We quickly found out we were behind a league that the lady in the club house didnt tell us we were following.. It took another hour of sitting there watching the absolutely worst players ever in the history of golf hack their way to the next hole. We made it 3 more holes before it was getting too dark and we had to quit. If this is what a golf league is like I am glad I never joined one... where do these people come from? there were 2 groups on the 2nd tee box smoking a joint and passing it around!!! I am highly allergic to THC and would have gotten very sick if I hadnt seen it and moved far away from them. I wont go to a course again that does not have marshals that keep play at a sane pace!

My rant over! Still frustrated...

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
My brother came up to Oregon from SoCal to see me and my other brother so we wanted to play a round (we try every time we see each other since we dont see each other often) We played Sunset Grove Golf club, a 9 hole course. WE teed off at 4:02pm and the course was pretty busy... 78 degrees and around a 15mph wind made it tough but I shot 4 over par for the first 9 (double boggied the easiest par 4 on the course because I was screwing around and not concentrating on playing golf on my drive, hit it into the trees :mad: We got to the club house at 5:45pm and paid for another round to make it 18... We didnt tee off for another 40 minutes because there were 2 groups in front of us. We get to the 2nd hole and there were 4 groups of 4 sitting there waiting while a group of 4 hacked it down the fairway 30 or so feet at a time :mad: We quickly found out we were behind a league that the lady in the club house didnt tell us we were following.. It took another hour of sitting there watching the absolutely worst players ever in the history of golf hack their way to the next hole. We made it 3 more holes before it was getting too dark and we had to quit. If this is what a golf league is like I am glad I never joined one... where do these people come from? there were 2 groups on the 2nd tee box smoking a joint and passing it around!!! I am highly allergic to THC and would have gotten very sick if I hadnt seen it and moved far away from them. I wont go to a course again that does not have marshals that keep play at a sane pace!

My rant over! Still frustrated...
Damn.....

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country
43-33 76...best nine holes EVER and first three birdie in nine holes ever...Balboa in SoCal
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1532204491.114750.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1532204505.780311.jpg
. And solid middle of the day breakfast and beer

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Played with three excellent golfers today. Tom (super nice guy who owns two businesses and only works 3 days a week and his nephew and son. All hit it about 290-300 yards and in the fairway. I played from the golds. It seems when you play with really good players they bring out the best in you. I had a 37 on the front but started the back off badly and ended up with a 43 for 80. Really a fun day with beautiful, cool, sunny weather and great golf.

Uncle Azzhole

Jack of all trades, azzhole in all of them...
Apr 30, 2018
Salem Oregon
Country
41/45 today for a 86 :( I was hurting from the other day when I shot a 82.. I was trying to beat it, The first 9 I played by myself in an hour. The second 9 I got teamed up with a 3 some that were all over the place :rolleyes: it took 3 hours to play that 9 and I was so frustrated I shot a 45.

I sold a progressive reloading press so I have some money to play for a bit :)

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country
41/45 today for a 86 :( I was hurting from the other day when I shot a 82.. I was trying to beat it, The first 9 I played by myself in an hour. The second 9 I got teamed up with a 3 some that were all over the place :rolleyes: it took 3 hours to play that 9 and I was so frustrated I shot a 45.

I sold a progressive reloading press so I have some money to play for a bit :)

That’s one way to play a four hour round!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
80... and a hard earned one! Nothing was working except Lady Luck on some bounces. Had two different putts, today, that seemed to hang on the edge of the cup. As I was walking to the hole, upset because I left them short, they fell in. Golf is a really "interesting" game.

🔥 Latest posts