• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Alone on a deserted course is some of my favorite golf.
Went out this morning for "our" 8 a.m. tee time. The beginning of a nice day. All the young flat-bellies that are my usual weekend group have either put the clubs away for the year or have things with kids. The geezer group doesn't play on weekends. So... drank coffee with the staff for a while and came back home. As other have said, it ain't no fun playing golf by yourself.

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Shot a rather tidy +2, 34 on my local executive course this morning. Momma bear said I should get one more round in this year, so I ran out the door!!

Highlight of the round for me was running into these guys on the 8th...
View attachment 30800View attachment 30801View attachment 30802

I couldn’t believe they let me get so close. I just watched them for a few minutes, even got the big guy showing off for me. I played some calls on my phone and he was even challenging me a little. It was the coolest thing ever. Then they kinda got bored of me and left
one guy in our group this past week pushed one a bit on a particular hole. When we went to look for it, I said," hey, check out the bear", what bear? "THAT BEAR". Black bear 40 yards away. I backed a way a bit, they got out their phones to take pictures. I ain't gotta be the fastest, just not the slowest.

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Went out this morning for "our" 8 a.m. tee time. The beginning of a nice day. All the young flat-bellies that are my usual weekend group have either put the clubs away for the year or have things with kids. The geezer group doesn't play on weekends. So... drank coffee with the staff for a while and came back home. As other have said, it ain't no fun playing golf by yourself.
I'd rather play with myself, than by myself!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Shot 9 holes today. One bird for 38. Tired of playing all alone on a deserted course. Clubs are put away for the winter.
Granddaughter duty this past Friday. No golf.
Nobody showed, yesterday, so did not play. No golf.
Last tournament of the year at our course today. No golf.
Rain predicted through most of tomorrow. Probably no golf.
Tuesday/Wednesday look like we might be able to play. Going to have highs in upper 40's to low 50's.
3 to 5 inches of snow predicted for Thursday. If that happens... no golf.
Low temps for Friday/Saturday in the mid to low 20's. Highs may not get above freezing.

I should not complain. We've had a fantastic golf season and have played LOTS of golf. Still, Mother Nature seems to have it in her mind to put the halt on daily golf with the geezers. Probably won't stop me from heading to the course to drink coffee and hear the same jokes over and over.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.