• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Happy and blessed to be playing year-round. The only downside is my slump continues. Shot 88 today on a course rated 67 with a slope of 112. I usually shoot between 78 and 82 on this guy. I've been struggling with focus lately and seem to be rushing everything. Handicap has climbed from 11.2 to 13.7. While my driving is A-game level, my approach and short game is def off, from iron striking to chipping and putting......a former wheelhouse of mine. Not complaining - just sharing. This will pass. I am having a ton of fun, having made a lot more friends down here and have been invited to join a few more regular groups. Life is GOOD!
Message jhmeg2 and see if you guys can play a round together. I think you'd have fun.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Happy and blessed to be playing year-round. The only downside is my slump continues. Shot 88 today on a course rated 67 with a slope of 112. I usually shoot between 78 and 82 on this guy. I've been struggling with focus lately and seem to be rushing everything. Handicap has climbed from 11.2 to 13.7. While my driving is A-game level, my approach and short game is def off, from iron striking to chipping and putting......a former wheelhouse of mine. Not complaining - just sharing. This will pass. I am having a ton of fun, having made a lot more friends down here and have been invited to join a few more regular groups. Life is GOOD!

Just keep swinging, you’ll find it again!

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008

Just take some nice half swings... Get your tempo back...

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
No golf yesterday.
Low this morning... 36 degrees. High today... 36 degrees. Howling north wind... 30 mph. No golf today.
Predicted dusting of snow tonight with high in the low 30's tomorrow. No golf tomorrow.
Funeral trip on Monday. No golf Monday.
Predicted 50's for highs returning by Tuesday with 60's for Thanksgiving and the following weekend. LOTS of golf beginning Tuesday!!!!!!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
No golf yesterday.
Low this morning... 36 degrees. High today... 36 degrees. Howling north wind... 30 mph. No golf today.
Predicted dusting of snow tonight with high in the low 30's tomorrow. No golf tomorrow.
Funeral trip on Monday. No golf Monday.
Predicted 50's for highs returning by Tuesday with 60's for Thanksgiving and the following weekend. LOTS of golf beginning Tuesday!!!!!!!
It isn't fair! :mad:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
82 today after a 5-day layoff. Frost delay but beautiful day for golf. (Take that, Wisconsinites!) Won $1.50!! I hit some real clunker putts that found their way into the hole. The other guys hit some beautiful putts that took a peek and lipped out. That's golf!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
89 today. Driving the ball as good as ever. Can't score. Slump continues.........thought I was getting back on track yesterday.
112001.jpg

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Played on Saturday in a cold, stiff breeze (20mph). It was off our winter tees, we’re playing for Turkeys these days. I played really well, struck the ball well, putted well, even in a strong wind. My only big mistake was making a double bogey at our 7th, a par 5. I took 5 to get down from 70 yards! Total brain fart.

But after that I was steady, grinding out 8 pars. And then at our last, we only play 16 in the Winter, I hit my best drive of the day leaving me ~80 yards from the pin. I figured I needed a birdie to have a chance of winning a bird. I didn’t hit my finest pitch, and of course I ended up 3 putting from about 25 feet, but overall I shot +5 in what I considered difficult playing conditions. My ball striking has been solid lately. The short game could be better but given I’m only playing once a week, I have to limit my expectations.

We were three down after 8 and came back to win the match, so that was the biggest bonus! Winning £1!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Played on Saturday in a cold, stiff breeze (20mph). It was off our winter tees, we’re playing for Turkeys these days. I played really well, struck the ball well, putted well, even in a strong wind. My only big mistake was making a double bogey at our 7th, a par 5. I took 5 to get down from 70 yards! Total brain fart.

But after that I was steady, grinding out 8 pars. And then at our last, we only play 16 in the Winter, I hit my best drive of the day leaving me ~80 yards from the pin. I figured I needed a birdie to have a chance of winning a bird. I didn’t hit my finest pitch, and of course I ended up 3 putting from about 25 feet, but overall I shot +5 in what I considered difficult playing conditions. My ball striking has been solid lately. The short game could be better but given I’m only playing once a week, I have to limit my expectations.

We were three down after 8 and came back to win the match, so that was the biggest bonus! Winning £1!
Did you win a turkey? Nice shooting.

🔥 Latest posts