• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
81 today. Not bad, score wish. REALLY bad money wise. Almost had to find an ATM! Lost $2.25.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
79. Playing about as good as one could expect in these conditions. Greens, early mornings, are like an asphalt parking lot. If you fly a ball into them, it will bounce 10 feet in the air and end up way past the green. You hit short clubs into everything... links golf. The greens are putting very true. The fairways are short and hard. I was on our #1 in two, this morning, for the first time in my life! Hit my drive perfect... and long. Launched the 16 degree Mini 1.5 right at the green and it rolled on. On the par 5 in two... and three putted!!! @#$%^

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
79. Playing about as good as one could expect in these conditions. Greens, early mornings, are like an asphalt parking lot. If you fly a ball into them, it will bounce 10 feet in the air and end up way past the green. You hit short clubs into everything... links golf. The greens are putting very true. The fairways are short and hard. I was on our #1 in two, this morning, for the first time in my life! Hit my drive perfect... and long. Launched the 16 degree Mini 1.5 right at the green and it rolled on. On the par 5 in two... and three putted!!! @#$%^

Nice work Limp. I have not broken 80 in quite a while. Slumping this fall. BTW, not much worse than a 3-putt par!;)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Nice work Limp. I have not broken 80 in quite a while. Slumping this fall. BTW, not much worse than a 3-putt par!;)
The worst two words you can hear after putting for eagle... "Nice par!"
Difficult to understand this dastardly game. The old HiBore 2-wood has been relegated to the basement for a long, long time. It has a stiff shaft, while I've been using regular in all my woods. The guys say I'm swinging it with more confidence than they have ever seen. In the last 3 rounds, I don't think I've missed a fairway and I'm hitting it as long... or longer than any of the other guys. The old G20 hybrids weren't worth trading so they were ditched in a corner. I've been hitting them amazingly. And... the Eye 2's. I am struggling with the short irons, but the mid irons have been working so well. All the clubs are "bench warmers". Still, they brought me out of a difficult slump and now will see considerable playing time.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Had a 1:30 optometrist appointment today. We didn't get off the 1st tee until about 10:30. Didn't know how far I would get before needing to leave. Made it through 16 before blasting off. Had a 40 on the front and was 1 under on the back after #16. Great chance to have a good scoring round and had to leave. Finally did miss a fairway today. It is amazing when missing a fairway is of note.
Been struggling with my wedges/short irons of the Eye 2's. One of the better players in our group has been extremely complimentary of how my driving has changed. Today, he said "You are hitting that 'driver' like you have all the confidence in the world with it. Get up there and hit your irons with that same confidence!" On #11, my drive was in the fairway but to the right side. The pin was behind a fairly large tree. I pulled my pitching wedge, walked up and swing through the ball just like it was my 2-wood. The ball launched up over the tree and landed about 4 feet from the pin. Birdie.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
84 today on a new (to us) course. Had to drive up to Prince William County to get out of the snow cover (I'm in VA for Christmas). Nice public track in the Park System. My 84 included 4 lip outs and 2 double bogeys so I was encouraged. I only took 7 clubs in an effort to refocus on shot making. Used the Eye 2 irons. They never disappoint.

Driver, 9w, 7i, 9i, W, SW, putter.

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
37 degrees with 16 mph wind and a windchill of 25 when we started this morning. Three of us were brave enough to show Mother Nature a little cold can't keep us off the golf course. Had way too many clothes on. Not used to playing in winter gloves or with a stocking hat. The stocking hat was ditched and I just let my ears freeze. Totally surprised we three were the ONLY ones on the course.
43/43 for an 86. The ONLY thing that worked was getting off the tee boxes. Irons were all over the place. Had I don't remember how many putts going at the hole and being blown off line.
We have our "geezer group" Christmas dinner tonight. Should be all 9 of us and our wives... plus a couple of guests. We are forced to "tone it down" a little when in the presence of our wives from the trash talking we do on the course. Still expecting a fun time.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
84 today on a new (to us) course. Had to drive up to Prince William County to get out of the snow cover (I'm in VA for Christmas). Nice public track in the Park System. My 84 included 4 lip outs and 2 double bogeys so I was encouraged. I only took 7 clubs in an effort to refocus on shot making. Used the Eye 2 irons. They never disappoint.

Driver, 9w, 7i, 9i, W, SW, putter.

What course did you play geezer?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
80 this morning. 40/40. A little chilly to begin, but was REALLY beautiful as we finished. Got back $1.50 of what I had lost earlier in the week.

🔥 Latest posts