• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
86. Back in VA now on my home course - the P.B. Dye-abolical. Toto, we're not in Florida anymore. Looking at 6 months with VERY few (if any) scores in the 70s.

The Florida courses were easier?

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
The Florida courses were easier?
Much easier! Flatter fairways and greens. This P.B. Dye course in VA has mostly elevated greens (steeply) whose sides reject any ball that doesn't land on the putting surface - on many of them those shots bounce into the woods or a hazard. The fairways wind and undulate with lots of forced carries. Tough layout.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The game was much easier this morning. 76. Missed two birdie putts that should have been made. All under pressure! Seven of us this morning. Broke into 3 vs. 4. My group got the two guys who are doddlers. Like the proverbial herding cats. One is spaced out most of the time, too busy talking to pay attention to where he... or his ball… is. The other is just slow. He will reset the tee height three times so he can top the ball down the fairway 100 yards. We have one appointed to keep score for the group. He keeps his own in his cart. After every hole, he has to sit in his cart writing down his score and adding up how close to 100 he is getting! Sheesh! I am a nervous wreck by the time we get to the second or third hole!!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Finally. sssmokin and I played all three days this weekend. Brutal. A longer hibernation has left us re-learning this game from scratch. Sunday jhmeg2 and a friend played with us. Only bright spots were a few decent drives and a great sand shot out of each of the 3 traps I got in. Of course I blew the easy putts. :mad:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Finally. sssmokin and I played all three days this weekend. Brutal. A longer hibernation has left us re-learning this game from scratch. Sunday jhmeg2 and a friend played with us. Only bright spots were a few decent drives and a great sand shot out of each of the 3 traps I got in. Of course I blew the easy putts. :mad:
Good to see you northerners finally get back to playing!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
78. Woke up at 3:00 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. Head spinning with stupid stuff. I have no worries since retirement. Yet, the old mind will begin ratcheting through things like "What do I need to hang the golf cart doors on the wall of the cart shed?"... and I can't go back to sleep. Sheesh! Felt like a zombie by the time the 8:00 tee time rolled around.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
And you still shot a 78!
I play so much golf I could do it well in my sleep!! :>) Had some great recoveries after a few bad shots. Try my best to remember Harvey Pennick's "Don't let one bad shot turn into two or three."

Last week, I couldn't seem to get out of the 80's. This week, the game is easier. Amazing how every one of our geezer group can fall into funks. It gets frustrating when you know you can play better... but just can't make it happen. Then, after a few days, all of a sudden things seem to be working again. I had two chip-ins today from at least 10 yards off the green. Those shots are NOT skill! They are pure dumb luck! They also make your competitors refer to you in some very unsavory terms!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.