• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
80 today from the blues (6600 yards) at Palm Valley Gold Club. I am extremely pleased with today's round. I have been playing like shit for a little while now and by a little while I mean 2+ years. Today just might be one of those eureka moments. Now for what's going on. I'm a big guy at 6'4" 275 lbs. Except for the rare occasion I've always been the biggest hitter in the group. As I've gotten older I've been putting more and more pressure on myself to keep the distance up. I don't think I'm the minority with that thought. I've been tinkering with everything from equipment to setup to swing thought and mechanics trying to maintain that distance. To get an idea I've been in the area of 155-160 with an 8i. I've been able to hit it hard and far but everywhere. Today I just decided to hit the course with a blank canvas. Distance didn't matter. I decided to just throttle it back and swing easier. As a result I was able to keep a much nicer rhythm. Today I hit 9 of 14 fairways. Of those 5 misses 4 were in the first cut. Only 1 got away from me. I did only hit 7 greens though (which is still much better than I've been doing). However, the ones I missed I was still around the green complex chipping and a couple of bunkers. It was so much more fun today than it's been. By far it was my best round with the irons in years. Can't wait to get back out there.
Backed this up with a 84 then on Thursday I started out with a 38 on the front then brain farted on the back. Had about a 4 hole stretch where I reverted back to my old thought process. I got a little big for my britches. I really think I'm on to something here.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
"Real" cups back today. Course purchased these rubber things with a hook on them. The old cups are used and set where the ball has to drop into the hole. You stick your putter under the hook... it's about 6" up the flagstick... and pull the ball out of the hold. Pretty neat!
My golf buddy who I've played hundreds of rounds with over the past 20 years got his first ace today. Ball hit just in front of the green, took two small bounces, and disappeared. Pretty excited!
I had 40 on the front. Made the turn and was even par on the back until 18. Birdied 18 for a 35 on the back. 75. Pretty good day.

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country
Been off since 3/25...but golf never closed here...Ive played 504 holes since, and have 72 more set before I return to work May 18...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
An ugly 91 yesterday, driver and irons were all over the place.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
80. Playing well, but this game can be so frustrating. Seems every day there is something that doesn't work and costs strokes. Today, it was the putter again.

🔥 Latest posts