• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Today I played with a friend Dave from Stevens Point and a young guy Mark from Appleton. Shot 40 on the front nine. Back nine I had four birdies and shot 34 on the back for 74. I had them sign my card. No mulligans, no foot wedges and couldn't miss a putt. A beautiful day on the course. Sorry to brag but this normally only happens when I golf alone. Oh yeah. Hit my driver long all day. On 18 I was in the fairway passed the sand trap (about 255 yards). jhmeg2, if you're reading this I can introduce you to these guys since I know you won't believe this LOL.

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
40/38 for a 78. Sustained 25 mph wind. Gusts to 35. Temps in the 60's. I always fight the wind because I hit a very high ball with my irons. Handled it pretty well. Just wearing.....

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
G'DAy folks. It's been a while. Busy, busy, busy these days. Work, family stuff. Still finding time to swing it at the weekends and playing pretty well right now. Our new WHC kicked in this week, so my new index is 4. We are now on the same system as the rest of the world. Looking forward to the Masters!! Hope everyone is doing OK here.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Played in the West Valley MGA The Bastards on Sunday at Los Caballeros Golf Club in Wickenburg, AZ. It was cold (for us) and the course was wet as all get out. The course told us to play lift, clean, and place in the fairway and after my first drive I understood why. The first hole was 405 yards long which is normally driver - 8 iron but yesterday it was driver - 3 hybrid and I still came up short. Did I mention the 20 mph winds? I chipped on and marked my ball. We then went to look for another guy's ball who thinned his third shot into the desert. When I replaced my ball it proceeded to roll about 15 feet. Did I mention the greens were a bit slick? The next three holes went about the same way. I didn't think i played very well but I was the best in my foursome. Our scores were 95 (me), 124, 126, and 142. As a whole our foursome carded 23 8s or worse. It was a brutal round. Temp must of dropped 15° during the round and it was only 50° when we teed off. I thought I was out of it. When I get back to turn in the card I start hearing all the horror stories. Now, there are a number of guys in our club who can go low. Easy 8-10 guys who can get it into the 70's. When they start announcing the finishers it's looking like I'm going to finish in the money (top 16 out of 43). Turns out I finish 6th with a net 99. The top score was an 89 from a guy who shot a 76 the tournament before. Time for an easy course for the next few rounds. That was too much work.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Played in the West Valley MGA The Bastards on Sunday at Los Caballeros Golf Club in Wickenburg, AZ. It was cold (for us) and the course was wet as all get out. The course told us to play lift, clean, and place in the fairway and after my first drive I understood why. The first hole was 405 yards long which is normally driver - 8 iron but yesterday it was driver - 3 hybrid and I still came up short. Did I mention the 20 mph winds? I chipped on and marked my ball. We then went to look for another guy's ball who thinned his third shot into the desert. When I replaced my ball it proceeded to roll about 15 feet. Did I mention the greens were a bit slick? The next three holes went about the same way. I didn't think i played very well but I was the best in my foursome. Our scores were 95 (me), 124, 126, and 142. As a whole our foursome carded 23 8s or worse. It was a brutal round. Temp must of dropped 15° during the round and it was only 50° when we teed off. I thought I was out of it. When I get back to turn in the card I start hearing all the horror stories. Now, there are a number of guys in our club who can go low. Easy 8-10 guys who can get it into the 70's. When they start announcing the finishers it's looking like I'm going to finish in the money (top 16 out of 43). Turns out I finish 6th with a net 99. The top score was an 89 from a guy who shot a 76 the tournament before. Time for an easy course for the next few rounds. That was too much work.

Sounds like Wisconsin

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Good job, Greg! I laughed at the "only 50" remark, then remembered you live in hell temperature wise.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
38 degrees when we teed off this morning. Strong northwest wind. Occasional light mist in the air. IOW, few were as stupid as four of us to even try playing golf. Could NOT putt again. Just really fighting the flat stick and have been most of the season. That was the only weak spot and cost me, probably, 10 strokes. Still carded an 84.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Frost delay this morning. Didn't let us off #1 until 10:30. Just two of us in our regular group. I was in my truck leaving the course at 12:06. 1 hour, 36 minutes to play 18 holes and unload cart. NASCAR golf! 82. Finally made some putts.

🔥 Latest posts