• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Cold this morning but no frost. Had a 'ringer' in our three this morning vs. the other three. Guy couldn't miss with his irons and putter. He shot a 2 under, 70. Easier to play when someone is leading the way. I went 38/39 for a 77. I'll take that with far too many clothes on through the front. Removed a jacket, stocking hat, and winter gloves at the turn. Did shoot one worse on the back, but missed too many putts.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Didn't play the past two days. Friday was very cold and windy. And, I had some business issues that needed attended to. Yesterday, Saturday, was the last tourney for this year at the course. So, course was shut down for regular play until late afternoon.
Back at it this morning. 38/40 for a 78. Still pretty strong northwest wind, but it didn't hamper play that much. We're supposed to se 60's and 70's this coming entire week! Unbelievable for November. Lots of golf yet to play in 2020.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Sailing along 2 over through 14, this morning. Fell off the rails! 4 over on the last 4 holes. Bogey. Double. Par. Bogey. Finished with a 78 and ready, once again, to make a move to ping pong or backgammon.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I played with this guy at the weekend. Future champion!

http://www.youtube.com/shorts/9KsPrxGDv4Y
9KsPrxGDv4Y

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Wind blew all night. This morning we have sustained winds in the 27 to 30 mph range. Gusts exceed 40 mph. Wind was moving long putts two to three feet. 42/40 for a very exhausting 18!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Sounds like a nice day round my course!
Yes. The general public just does not understand the fortitude, the stamina, the physical conditioning it takes to get up each morning and be committed to play golf. Rain or shine, we don't whine... we go play. It's a calling few on this Earth have experienced. We who make the sacrifices... we who understand the necessity of making golf the priority it deserves will never be recognized for our valiant efforts. When that lightning bolt from the sky takes us from this world, perhaps those we leave behind will honor us with an inscription on the tombstone, "Here lies one who always put his balls above all else."

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
38/40 this morning. Still breezy. Supposed to see upper 70's or low 80's temps this afternoon. All of next week forecast to be in the mid to upper 50's. Unbelievably warm for November.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I'm contemplating renaming this thread to "What did limpalong shoot today?" :D
Difficult to understand why the rest of you, supposed, golfer aren't out playing every day! I know it's hard work, but someone has to do it. In the meantime... go pound sand!!! I took the rest of the geezers for a hole $1.00 this morning. Another day or two and I might be able to take the wife through the McDonald's drive up... as long as she sticks with the $1 menu!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I’ve got about 50 rounds in this year, basically more than I’ve played the last 10 years combined. Still about 1/4 of the way to Limp. I’ll get there when I’m 102 also! [emoji23][emoji6]
Hey! Only 101!! When I'm older, around 102 or 103, maybe I'll finally figure out this frustrating game!!

🔥 Latest posts