• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
What a great day for golf! Frost delay until 10:30. Sunshine and beautiful weather, without a breath of wind. 78 this morning. And... the putter was on the fritz again. Was hitting the ball long and seeing greens in regulation. Just could not putt. Above all, this winter, I need to build some putting consistency before next season!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Well, I got two games over the weekend and that's me now until February. I played well on Saturday, finished +2 for 14 holes, the highlight was a nice birdie on our index #1. And on Sunday, I took on the mighty combination of my youngest (11) and my father in law and they toasted me at the last. Good fun and a good way to finish the year. Roll on February!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Still playing on December 21st. 80 this morning. Putter still does not want to cooperate. Annual physical tomorrow morning. A couple of the guys are going to meet me at 12:30 and we will try to play. Supposed to be pristine weather. Thursday, the weather goes bonkers. May have a 4-day hiatus, over Christmas, before the weather gives way for some more golf. Not gonna make 250 rounds this year. Should end up in the mid 230's. Not bad for an old codger!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Another beautiful day for golf. Had my annual physical appointment at 11:00. Was to meet one of my regular guys at 12:30. Knew the course would be packed. He got to the course a little before I did and the clubhouse sent him off the back. I caught him on 13. Played 14 thru 18. I'm one up. Played 1. Groups backed up in front of us. Found a good gap at 5. There was a slow group on 4 and on 6. Played 5. Went back and played 5 again. Continued playing 5 through 9. Turned to 10. Back packed from there on so called it a day. I think that was 13 or 14 holes. All I know for sure is I lost 50 cents!!! The gentleman I was playing with is our 80 year old. As we played 5 the second time, both were on the green with long putts. I three-putted the durn thing and he parred. We're now even on marks. 6 is a long par 4 for us and into the wind. We both hit good drives. I hit a 6-iron at the flag that dropped about 10 feet short on the green. His ball sailed at the green and we thought it went over. After not finding the ball behind the green, I looked in the cup. Eagle! The old coot had holed out! Now he's up a mark. 7 is a 150 yard par 3. Hard left to right wind. My ball is on the back of the green. He drops his within 3 feet of the flag. I get par and he birdies. He went par, eagle, birdie and was up 2 marks... 50 cents! Played even from then on. Still amazing to see how well he plays at 80... even if he takes money out of my pocket!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
36 with a feels like of 28 when we started this morning. Balmy, summer like north west wind gusting to 15 mph. 31 with a feels like of 23 when we finished just over 2 hours later. Two of us man enough to brave the elements. The 80 year old geezer and I toughed it out. It was worth it for him as he grabbed ANOTHER 50 cents out of my pocket. The old rascal chipped in from off the green for two birds. Will NOT even venture out tomorrow. Too cold for even stupids like us. Saturday, though, looks inviting. Have to get another few rounds in before Tuesday when they are predicting some snow flurries.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Season is done here. Last week, 12° and a final snow tally of just over 30”. This was all on Thursday. Temps predicted tomorrow of 45° and 54° on Christmas. If not for the snow I’d be out there. Oh and the weather is calling for heavy rain and flood warnings. Crazy year continues.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Season is done here. Last week, 12° and a final snow tally of just over 30”. This was all on Thursday. Temps predicted tomorrow of 45° and 54° on Christmas. If not for the snow I’d be out there. Oh and the weather is calling for heavy rain and flood warnings. Crazy year continues.
Pick up your butt and move out here!!! Hunting, fishing, lots of excellent golf. Haven't had deep snow... to us, 6" to 8" is deep... for over a decade. I understand it would raise our "pounds per capita", but we'd take that!!!

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Took the SIL, grandson and SIL's dad out yesterday. We got 9 holes in on a sunny, cold-ish day in VA. I shot 39, SIL 40, other grandpa 41, grandson 42. 3 generations! I'm in the red ball cap.
20201223_101314.jpg

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Had pain in my right ankle last couple months of the season but still shot a 74 in November (have witnesses) with 4 birdies on the back nine. Best round of my life. Anyway, I finally got a CT scan and foot doctor says I have a broken bone in my right ankle. I get surgery mid-January and can't put weight on it for two months. He said surgery wasn't complicated but recovery is. In any case I'll be ready to go for next season. And wife will have to do the snow blowing.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I got a surprise last game of the year in on Christmas Eve with the FiL. We played in a mini competition over 14 holes. I putted like God with the new Huntington Beach. Holed about 7 putts from outside 10 feet. Shot +3 in difficult conditions so very happy. It will be mid Feb before I get my next game.

Happy 2021 everyone. Stay safe!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Probably done, here, for 2020. Weather this next week does not look inviting. Ended the season okay. 79 yesterday and 78 today. Finally have the putter working just as it will spend a few days in the basement.

🔥 Latest posts