• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
Third ACE today!!!! 36/37 for a 73. 50 degree temps. Beautiful day. Won $1.75!! Aced #7 at our course. Aced that same hole in 1994. Aced #14 at our course in 2004. Didn't get one in 2014 and had to wait until 2021. I've had my Eye 2+ BeCu's in the bag the past few days. Now, don't know if I'll be able to hang them back on the rack in my golf shop. May just have to keep playing them.
Congrats Larry!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
And played horribly today!!! No idea what I shot... but it wasn't good. 39 on the front and then things fell apart. Had over 100 golfers have tee times and lots of walk-ons. Course was packed! For the 13th of January and almost 60 degrees, people just could not pass up getting outside. So they put some players off the back. Sailing along on the front, and hit a roadblock on #12. We aren't used to playing slow. Were beginning to stack up a couple groups on tee boxes. Totally disconcerting. Finally just picked up on #16 and went to the house.
Still... to be playing golf in excellent weather in January... Amazing!!

Looks like one more round for the short term. 40's when we get up in the morning. Temps steady through the morning and then begin dropping in the afternoon. Winds from the north at 30 to 40 mph. Shouldn't be any frost so maybe get off early enough to get 18 in before it gets too bitter. By early to mid next week, the weather looks inviting again.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Way to go Geezer! We need the gory details. Distance, conditions, the club hit, ball used, did you see it go in? How many drinks did you buy at the clubhouse afterwards? Oh, and mine's a Shiner Bock! :D
Distance: 95 yards. Club hit: Driver. Ball used: Top Flite Distance. Did I see it go in: Could barely see the green from the tee. How many drinks: Zero. With geezers... one can't drink coffee. Once can't drink anything with sugar in it. One can't drink anything that his wife hasn't approved. Oh! You want a shinier what??? :p:p:p

Actually... 128 yards into a very slight breeze. 7 iron. Callaway Chrome Soft. Didn't see it go in. One of the guys in the group swore it did. I thought it trickled off the back of the green. I haven't seen any of the three I've made go in the hole. First one, I thought I hit a bad shot. Turned around in disgust and the guys I was playing with began yelling tha tit went in. Second one was on a cloudy, misty, foggy morning. Felt like I hit a good shot, but buddy nor I could see the ball land on the green. This one... The old eyes ain't what they used to be.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Last time I hit a ball was Christmas eve. We are now in lock-down (again) with pretty much all sporting activities banned. All I can do is walk, run or cycle. Given that it is mid-Winter, it's not too bad, but even the ranges are closed, and will be for at least another three weeks, more likely until March. I now appreciate how your guys feel with snow closing everything down.

On a more positive note, the vaccines are starting to roll out quickly. My dad has had both (Pfzier) shots and my mum has had her first (Astra Zeneca). To me, that is a sign of green shoots. Hopefully, by June, I will have had my shots and life will start getting back to some sort of normality.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Distance: 95 yards. Club hit: Driver. Ball used: Top Flite Distance. Did I see it go in: Could barely see the green from the tee. How many drinks: Zero. With geezers... one can't drink coffee. Once can't drink anything with sugar in it. One can't drink anything that his wife hasn't approved. Oh! You want a shinier what??? :p:p:p

Actually... 128 yards into a very slight breeze. 7 iron. Callaway Chrome Soft. Didn't see it go in. One of the guys in the group swore it did. I thought it trickled off the back of the green. I haven't seen any of the three I've made go in the hole. First one, I thought I hit a bad shot. Turned around in disgust and the guys I was playing with began yelling tha tit went in. Second one was on a cloudy, misty, foggy morning. Felt like I hit a good shot, but buddy nor I could see the ball land on the green. This one... The old eyes ain't what they used to be.
Go in the ball website, find the hole in one area and fill out the stuff and you'll get a nice gift.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Just wanted to remind the Wisconsinites and Canadians on Shot Talk, I am home from playing my 12th round in January!! Going to be good golf weather the entire week ahead of us. :p:p:p

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Played Monday and Tuesday this week. Took Wednesday off. Only 9, yesterday, since had appointment for COVID vaccination early afternoon. Back out for 18 today. Chilly, but lots of sunshine. Short putts giving me trouble again. Still playing pretty well, even with way too many clothes on. 80 this morning. Took a birdie on 18 to break even in the quarter game.

Will try to get another round in tomorrow. Weather supposed to begin turning tomorrow afternoon and some snow on Monday/Tuesday. Will just have to see what develops.

Got my name in the local paper, last week, for my ace. Put the BeCu's back on the wall after getting the ace with them. Been playing the 1985 Eye 2's since then. The old stainless Eye 2's play about as well as anything. May just play them this entire season. Who knows....

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
May just play them this entire season. Who knows....
tenor.gif

Hoganman1

Feb 10, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Country
I had a terrible day yesterday. Shot 91 with only four pars, eight bogies and six doubles. I cannot blame the weather as it was in the low 50s with very little wind and the fairways were fairly dry. It was my worse round in ten months. I'll be back at it next Wednesday and really hope to bounce back. At age 71, I may have to consider moving up a set of tees from 6450 until Spring as there are several par fours I cannot reach when it's cooler.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Two of us played 18 in 1 hour 50 minutes this morning. Won back 50 cents of the 75 cents I lost yesterday. Think that was my 19th or 20th January round. Winter weather advisory for tomorrow. Predicting 5" to 8" snow. Back in the 50's by next weekend. Life is good!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
We are still playing almost every day. Will come to a screeching halt this weekend. Bottom drops out of the temps until mid to late next week. Still, playing fun golf in early February is awesome!!

Had one of those fun days today. 9 pars on the front for an even 36. 2 over... 38... 38 on the back. 74. Shot my age again. Won $1.00!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
62 degrees in Kansas on February 3rd!!! Wow! Beautiful day for anything except golf! Yesterday... 74. Today... 85. @#$%^ Why? Short game in the tank. Could not chip or putt. I HATE golf!!!
We might get tomorrow in if we play really early. Temps dropping all day. Then it's bag in the basement for about 7 to 10 days. Single digit lows. Highs in the 20's. Sunday's wind chill predicted to be -21.

Oh, yesterday my 74 won me $1.00. Today... my 85 wins me $1.75!!! If you partners in "Wolf" are playing well...........

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Third ACE today!!!! 36/37 for a 73. 50 degree temps. Beautiful day. Won $1.75!! Aced #7 at our course. Aced that same hole in 1994. Aced #14 at our course in 2004. Didn't get one in 2014 and had to wait until 2021. I've had my Eye 2+ BeCu's in the bag the past few days. Now, don't know if I'll be able to hang them back on the rack in my golf shop. May just have to keep playing them.

Keep playing them, until they cool off!! Or the weather does...

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Keep playing them, until they cool off!! Or the weather does...
They went back on the rack. Been playing the Eye 2's since I hung up the BeCu +'s. Picked up a 50 degree Callaway Jaws wedge, today, as a gap wedge from my iBlades. iBlades will probably go back in tomorrow to get some fresh air.

🔥 Latest posts