• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Mid 50's today. Just a perfect day for February. Started out with two pars and a birdie... and everything went downhill from there. 82. Wasted so many nice drives. Zero confidence with the putter. The 50 degree wedge I picked up, yesterday, proved its worth. Short 98 yard winter tee par 3, the first time I hit the 50 degree for the first time. No idea what it would do. 12" from the hole for a gimme bird.

The iBlades sure felt good, again. Still think the Eye 2's will be in the bag, though, for 2021. No golf for the next 7 to 10 days if the weather forecast is anywhere close to accurate. Will spend some time "renewing" the Eye 2's.

Hoganman1

Feb 10, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Country
I played better yesterday. I have new (to me) irons and went back to the ProV1. I shot 83 with one birdie and two double bogies. It's been in the high 40s and low 50s for a couple of weeks here in Charlotte. I cannot wait until warmer weather returns. Playing in cold wet conditions makes it really hard to score at my age; or any age, I guess.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Snowing outside. No golf, but... Kroger's Pick-List order, yesterday, had the wrong type of bread. Took it back, this morning, to exchange for the correct bread. Customer Service refunded the $2.72 we paid for the bread, in cash. I went to the bread aisle and picked up the bread we actually ordered. Checked out. The correct bread was $2.17. Paid for it with the refunded cash. Pocketed the two shiny quarters. Won 2 quarters... 50 cents... without having to put up with the trash talking geezers on the golf course!! Life is good!!!!:D:D

Hoganman1

Feb 10, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Country
Played last Wednesday 2/10. Our golf course was saturated so we played a shorter set of tees (6000 vs 6250). I shot 84. That's not great, but I shot 40 on our back nine which is by far more difficult that our front nine. The good news is I may have found something that has improved my ball striking. The problem is the weather is going to be horrible for the next week or so. I'll probably forget whatever I found before we play again.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Hey Limp
Don't you think you're carrying this "family bread winner" thing a little too far?
Out of work! Unemployed! Rationing the beans, counting them out one by one. Trying to decide how many meals we can get out of the dog if we have to butcher her. Living on bread and beans. Try to afford a little cheese, now and then. Need the cheese so there is some hope the farts from the beans don't turn into "sliders". The farts are sure welcome, though, during this cold weather. Takes the chill off the room.

If I lose the ability to win quarters, may have to set up a Go Fund Me site.....

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Out of work! Unemployed! Rationing the beans, counting them out one by one. Trying to decide how many meals we can get out of the dog if we have to butcher her. Living on bread and beans. Try to afford a little cheese, now and then. Need the cheese so there is some hope the farts from the beans don't turn into "sliders". The farts are sure welcome, though, during this cold weather. Takes the chill off the room.

If I lose the ability to win quarters, may have to set up a Go Fund Me site.....

I spit coffee across the room reading about needing cheese to avoid bean fart sliders!!! So thanks for that Limp what a way to start my morning!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I spit coffee across the room reading about needing cheese to avoid bean fart sliders!!! So thanks for that Limp what a way to start my morning!
One of these days you'll get old, too! When we go to the doctor and he needs a urine sample and stool sample... we just hand him our underwear!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Course reopens at 9 tomorrow morning!!! May be a short frost delay, but will be back to playing!!! 60's by Wednesday!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
6” more of snow today, didn’t make it to the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Beautiful day!! Played terrible!! Was the BIG money winner!!!! Won $1.50!!!!

Look at you, back bringing home the bacon!! LOL

6” more of snow today, didn’t make it to the course.

Much like Jim, S. Ontario is under a nice blanket of snow, showed up a little later than usual... here now! Stuck watching the game for now or putting in the basement

Last edited:

🔥 Latest posts