• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
78 today with a couple birdies. 72 degrees right now. Sunshine. Light southern breeze. Perfect day for... shuffleboard or checkers or whatever you guys covered in snow do.... :>)

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
78 today with a couple birdies. 72 degrees right now. Sunshine. Light southern breeze. Perfect day for... shuffleboard or checkers or whatever you guys covered in snow do.... :>)

Snowball fight with my kids. 3 against one, but I smoked them!! Still amazes me how hard it is, to hit their little snowsuits running around!! Good Times

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Rough day. 84. Couldn't do anything. Hate this game. Never gonna play golf................. at least until tomorrow morning.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Wow! What a difference 24 hours makes! Got up this morning with a sore shoulder and a bad knee. Felt 80 years old. Two Advil and headed to the course. Sheesh! 38/36 for a smooth 74!!! Won $1.75!! I love this game!!!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Wow, what a difference 24 hours makes! Got up on Saturday, a gorgeous day, and didn't play golf. Then got up again on Sunday, another gorgeous day and didn't play golf either. Because we are in XXXXing LOCKDOWN!! The entire island of Ireland has banned golf since before Christmas. I'm beginning to forget what a game involves. We are being held hostage to this damn pandemic. Looks like April before we come out of this.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Going to be a gorgeous week, here. 79 this morning. 37/42. Hit every green on the front in regulation, except one. The one I missed was a short par 3. Game went totally to pot on #16. Finished double, bogey, double. What a pathetic way to end what was going to be a great round......

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Another sad day playing this dastardly game!. 85!! And, that was with two birdies!!!! Probably hit no more than three shots all day long that actually felt good.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Cold mist this morning. Just two of us braved the weather. By the time we were done, my but was wet... gloves were wet... hands frozen... Hard work, but someone has to do it! Through all that, carded a 79. First outing with the Mavrik and the Odyssey 7s. Both did okay. Tough to tell anything in adverse weather.
The Mavrik, once zeroed in, kept the ball in the fairway. Seemed to be getting out there where I'm used to. It has the "S" flex Aldila Rogue shaft. Lots stronger than I'm used to. Too strong for an old man, but was hitting it pretty good. Will try it again in better weather. In the meantime, will slip the Kuro Kage "R" flex in it.
The 7s felt good. Broke even on quarters with the other guy. That was missing three short putts I should have made. Still rolled in some from longer distance that I would usually miss. Again, will see what nicer weather does.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Still damp, this morning, but temps not too bad. Nice 78. 38/40. Honestly, no comparison... for me... between the Mavrik and the Epic Flash. The Mavrik just feels so much better and finds the fairway. Still trying to adjust to the different putter, but like how it feels. Greens were pretty wet and slow, so tough to judge what the putter will actually do. Won 75 cents!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Don't know how long honeymoons last, but I'm living in one with the Odyssey red 7s. The Mavrik is holding its own, also. Off to a shaky start, this morning. 39 on the front. Then wend even par 36 on the back. 75.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Did you put the R flex shaft in the Mavrik ?
Weather's been yucky and I've had too many clothes on. But... Shaft One: The Aldila "S" flex. Having trouble getting it to turn over. Shaft Two: Have a 45 gm "R" flex cut to 44 1/2. Played that a couple days and was probably the most consistent. Shaft Three: Stuck the "R" flex Kuro Kage Mini shaft in it. Felt good. Hit a couple bombs. Shaft Four: Yesterday, had the "S" flex Kuro Kage Mini shaft in it. That gave me the best length with consistency. Still not done experimenting. Have the full length Aldila back in it right now. Pouring rain and probably no golf today.

I need to shoot the guy who designed drivers so a simple screw could change shafts. I wear the threads off the screws!! If I were guessing, I'd say I'll end up cutting 1/2" off the Aldila "S" flex and live with that. More than one of the shafts could be left in it and give me acceptable results. If the Aldila just never works, will stay with the Kuro Kage "S" flex. That leaves me a couple "R" flex shafts available for when I get old! :D:D

🔥 Latest posts