• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Now that's a good attitude, Methuselah.
I may get old, but I never have to grow up!!!

3/4" of rain overnight. Cold, foggy, windy morning. When I got to the course, the GM didn't expect anyone to play today. Two of my regular group showed and off we went. (Later, the other "geezer group" was playing. Three of them are in their 80's. Their young flat belly... he's 77... was wearing shorts!!!)

We didn't keep score. Played 'par or better' for quarters. I raked in the dough! Had six marks. Four of those were birds. The other two were pars where the guys made bogeys. The other two guys had one mark each. They each paid me $1.25!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Limp, do you get your shafts online ? If so who’s your favorite
Between the two shafts from my Mini 1.5's... Kuro Kage, 1 "S" and 1 "R"... a Fuji "R" driver shaft I picked up with a damaged Callaway driver head for $35, and the shaft in my current driver I have plenty to switch in and out. I played a lot of last season with just the Mini's in the bag for tee shots. Hit them well. And, I like the slightly shorter shafts. All those will work in most any Callaway driver.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Gonna be in the 50’s and 60’s this weekend, got my first tee time of the year tomorrow at 9:30!

Of course that means it’ll probably snow next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Was a good day back on the course. Just coming out of winter, toom a week to kinda figure it back out. I usually play all winter inside, but this year maybe 6 times. So, knocking the dust off was hard. But, managed to hit a puch slice on the first tee for a lost ball double bogey. Only hit 8 fairways but was only a little off the ones I missed. Only 6 greens because my ego says you can get there.... but I can't, so I come up short. Got up and down 9 out of 11, with 26 putts. So with a dbl bogey on 1, finishing with a 74 (2 over par) aint bad. I played my first 4 rounds with that ball, now, its gone.

Attachments

• 1616276585931.jpg
    1616276585931.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Struggled all week. Scores were okay, nothing spectacular. Just not comfortable. This morning, we had seven of us. I let the four geezers have their game and I went with the two flat-bellies who play the back tees. I can barely hit the ball out of my shadow, anymore. Still, I enjoy playing a "longer course" once in a while. That desire, however, should not be on a day with sustained winds of 15 mph and gusts to 30!!! Standing on the first tee, I thought "Just how dumb can you be!"

I just played my game. Put the tee ball in play. If you can't reach a par 4 in two, keep the ball in front of you. Trust your short game to finish a hole. And... if worked!!! Had the lowest score of the three!! Bogeyed the first hole and settled in after that. 41/40!!! Heck! I've been having trouble staying in the low 80's from the senior tees, this week! To do so in a ridiculous wind was awesome. Even more so, to beat my son-in-law who isn't a bad stick by 5 strokes really made my day. He was upset when I had beat him on 4 or the 5 first holes and it got in his head.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
After ankle surgery in January, then cast (walker) and finally a walking boot got that off Friday. Played 18 Saturday. First nine walking felt strange much less golfing but managed an ugly 49 on the first nine. Second nine the driver came alive and I got a 44. Today played 18 again and was actually playing pretty good driver and putter. Irons need more work but shot two 41's. I'll take it!!!!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
First time on the course today since 11/14. Played pretty well, 42/40. Had an actual chance at breaking 80 but finished with four consecutive bogeys...oy. Had a run if 7 consecutive pars leading up to that. Promising start to the season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
After ankle surgery in January, then cast (walker) and finally a walking boot got that off Friday. Played 18 Saturday. First nine walking felt strange much less golfing but managed an ugly 49 on the first nine. Second nine the driver came alive and I got a 44. Today played 18 again and was actually playing pretty good driver and putter. Irons need more work but shot two 41's. I'll take it!!!!!

Walked 9?! Glad to hear you're back at it. We'll play soon. Well, I'll play.... you do whatever it is you call it...

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Front 9 with the geezers, yesterday. Played well. 37. Won 75 cents. Wife's cousin and his wife drove in from Minnesota for a short visit. Her brother and cousin met me at the course at 10 a.m. We had finished the geezer 9 about 9:45. Played 18 with the cousin and brother-in-law. They play once or twice/year. We didn't keep score. Too busy looking for their golf balls. After that 27... and feeling like I was "herding cats" on the last 18... I was physically shot!!!
But... will be back to it this morning.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
A rough 81 this morning. Still won 75 cents!!!! The greens superintendent rolled our greens and they are hard and lightning fast. None of us could get the speed worked out in our heads. Finally did get the Marvik dialed in. Driving was the highlight of today's round.

🔥 Latest posts