• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Snow, yesterday morning, so couldn't play. Snow was all gone by early afternoon. Course back open this morning. Have been playing almost every day this Spring. Scores all over the place. Can't nail down consistency from one round to another. Mid 70's one day and low 80's the next. It's been colder than usual and I blame it on having to wear too many clothes. Have to have some excuse besides I stink at this game!!!

Our front yard yesterday morning.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Really getting frustrated with this dastardly game. Started the day as if I knew what I was doing. 38 on the front. Made the turn and it was as if I had never picked up a club. 44 on the back for an 82. When that switch flips, I have no idea what happens or how to fix it. Taking up tiddlywinks and giving up golf........

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Polar opposite this morning. Started slow. 42 on the front. Then caught fire and went 37 on the back. 79.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Divorced myself from the geezers for the weekend. Played with the younger crew from the "flat belly" tees. Really fun to change up the game by playing different tee boxes. They hit it 100 yards longer than I do!!!! They hit it 50 yards more sideways than I do. When they do hit it long and in the fairway, the short games can be questionable. Threesomes both days. I carded the low round both days. 83 on Saturday and 81 this morning. I can't do that good from the geezer tees!!!!

Playing from the longer tees makes your mental focus have to be there. A couple of the par 4's are unreachable for me. Don't overswing when you know you can't get there! Just pick a spot short and leave the ball there. Then, chip and putt like you own the day!!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
One birdie on the day. 40 on the front and 42 on the back for 82. I am putting better then Steve Stricker right now.

Yesterday had a 42 and 39 for 81. 3 birds on the day.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
A smooth 76 from the tips to qualify for the club knock-out tournament. In fact, it was anything but smooth. Putting was shaky and I duffed two drives that I got away with. But a lot of good shots in-between. I've been watching videos from a teaching pro called Mike Bender. He is my new hero!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
A smooth 76 from the tips to qualify for the club knock-out tournament. In fact, it was anything but smooth. Putting was shaky and I duffed two drives that I got away with. But a lot of good shots in-between. I've been watching videos from a teaching pro called Mike Bender. He is my new hero!

Tell me more!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006

Isn’t he one of the “stack & tilt” guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
He has a great Instagram account, I don't think he is stack and tilt, but he does have a good mantra. Best series of golf teaching videos I have watched, ever. And it is free!

Hoganman1

Feb 10, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Country
A tale of two days. I shot 76 yesterday. Everything went right. Today was ten shots higher and nothing went my way. Golf is a crazy game but I love it. I'm anxious to get out there tomorrow and see which guy shows up to play.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Played dreaded Waushara CC with sssmokin. You can not putt on those greens. A horrible 51 and then a 46 for 97. I'm going to join limp in a game of croquet or something.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Still playing every day. Just not logging on and reporting each round. Hanging pretty steady in the 77 - 81 range. One brain fart can turn a 74 into a 77. A couple birds or a good bounce or two can turn a rough round into an 80. Working really hard on thinking where to miss. With that flag, is it better to be long... short... left... right.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.