• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
And... just like that! The last couple of rounds have been extremely frustrating. Didn't know if I even wanted to head out to the course this morning. Tossed the old Eye 2's in the bag. 38/37 for a nice 75. Two chip-ins for birds from off the green. Got back $1.25 of what I'd recently lost.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
78 this morning. Sure glad we start early. Heat and humidity ain't a good recipe for old geezers. 92, here now, with a "feels like" of 98. That gives you an idea of the humidity level.

Broke even on quarters. Not losing quarters is a win!!!!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I shot a 71 on Saturday (+3) without making a putt all day. I only had x1 three-putt and x4 single putts. The rest were birdie efforts. I was +4 after four holes so I was happy with the rest of my round. I finished 6th.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
A very cool round last night with my two brothers and my middle son. We played at my brother's course, a nice course in Belfast, it is always in great condition with lovely greens. The weather was amazing, albeit a little windy. The ground was firm, the rough is light, we played off the member's tees, etc. so it's not terribly difficult. (70 PAR, 5961 YARDS, 70.0 RATING, 113 SLOPE). The first 9 holes was a member guest Stableford tournament. The second nine was just for fun.

I shot 35 out, with a chip-in bird and a silly bogey. The back nine was more interesting. 16 and 18 were two downwind sub-500 yard par 5s. I hit a drive and a 6 iron on the 16th to 8 feet and drained the putt. 17 was into the wind, 200 yards. I bogeyed it, but my son chipped in for a two from the sand. Our 18th was a drive and a 9-iron to the back of the green for a two-putt bird. So I shot 2 bogies, an eagle and a birdie at the last to shoot 34, a total 69, -1. First sub-par round this year! 🐅🐅🐅

My son and I were playing my two brothers. We were TWO down with three holes to go and we finished better-ball eagle, birdie, birdie to WIN on the last! They were NOT happy! We were buzzing!

Drops mic and walks off!

Attachments

• Family Golf.JPG
    Family Golf.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
A very cool round last night with my two brothers and my middle son. We played at my brother's course, a nice course in Belfast, it is always in great condition with nice greens. The weather was amazing, albeit a little windy. The ground was firm, the rough is light, we played off the member's tees, etc. so it's not terribly difficult. (70 PAR, 5961 YARDS, 70.0 RATING, 113 SLOPE). The first 9 holes was a member guest Stableford tournament. The second nine was just for fun.

I shot 35 out, with a chip-in bird and a silly bogey. The back nice was more interesting. 16 and 18 were two downwind sub-500 yard par 5s. I hit a drive and a 6 iron on the 16th to 8 feet and drained the putt. 17 was into the wind, 200 yards. I bogeyed it, but my son chipped in for a two from the sand. Our 18th was a drive and a 9-iron to the back of the green for a two-putt bird. So I shot 2 bogies, an eagle and a birdie at the last to shoot 34, a total 69, -1. First sub-par round this year! 🐅🐅🐅

My son and I were playing my two brothers. We were TWO down with three holes to go and we finished better-ball eagle, birdie, birdie to WIN! They were NOT happy! We were buzzing!

Drops mic and walks off!
What a great round and with family, awesome!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The old body just does not like this heat/humidity. Worked outside most of my career. Guess I was younger back then. Still ended up with an 81, even though the last few holes were brutal.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
A very cool round last night with my two brothers and my middle son. We played at my brother's course, a nice course in Belfast, it is always in great condition with lovely greens. The weather was amazing, albeit a little windy. The ground was firm, the rough is light, we played off the member's tees, etc. so it's not terribly difficult. (70 PAR, 5961 YARDS, 70.0 RATING, 113 SLOPE). The first 9 holes was a member guest Stableford tournament. The second nine was just for fun.

I shot 35 out, with a chip-in bird and a silly bogey. The back nine was more interesting. 16 and 18 were two downwind sub-500 yard par 5s. I hit a drive and a 6 iron on the 16th to 8 feet and drained the putt. 17 was into the wind, 200 yards. I bogeyed it, but my son chipped in for a two from the sand. Our 18th was a drive and a 9-iron to the back of the green for a two-putt bird. So I shot 2 bogies, an eagle and a birdie at the last to shoot 34, a total 69, -1. First sub-par round this year! 🐅🐅🐅

My son and I were playing my two brothers. We were TWO down with three holes to go and we finished better-ball eagle, birdie, birdie to WIN on the last! They were NOT happy! We were buzzing!

Drops mic and walks off!
Now that’s a good day of golf!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Beautiful day today. Played the first nine with Jim and CHRIS AND SHOT 38 WITH 2 BIRDS. Shot THE FRONT AGAIN AS THE BACK WAS ALL SLOW POKES with MIKE AND bARRY AND HAD A 41 FOR 79. Both rounds on number 2 (285 par 4 from golds and almost drove the green both times. 5 yards short the first time and 10 yards short the second time.

🔥 Latest posts