• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Yesterday, Sunday, rough day... 84. Better, today. 80. Headed out for a short golf trip early tomorrow. A couple really tough courses scheduled. Gotta hope my "A" game returns.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
72 (+4) on Saturday on our shorter course. I holed my second shot on #3 for a duece from about 120 yards! That was nice. Weather-wise it was an easy day, beautiful sunshine, even wearing shorts! I just couldn't convert that into a great score. Two awful doubles as well! But some signs of consistency.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Just back this afternoon from a three-day golf trip to Iowa. IOWA... Idiots Out Wandering Aimlessly. Three courses in three days. Lots of fun. Played okay. Family we met there don't play a lot of golf. Was like herding cats. Difficult to keep your mind on the game. Still... lots of fun time!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
You went to Iowa? On purpose?
Yep! We've been doing that for 12 years. (Last year we didn't go due to COVID.) Same hotel. Same hotel manager and her assistant. Meet the two cousins and their wives from Minnesota. About halfway for both of us. Us guys play golf for three or four days. The gals shop and gossip for three or four days. Always an argument between guys and gals where we eat at night. Lots of fun. And... two of the courses we play each year are REALLY nice. One of them was rated the top course in Iowa in 2018 and is always in the top 5 in the state. A good test.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Didn't play Saturday because is was pouring rain. Got hit with a bout of food poisoning early Sunday. Woke at 4 a.m. with explosive diarrhea!! Spent most of Sunday morning on the pot. Back to the course this morning. Weak as a kitten. Played the best round I've had in weeks!!! 37/37 for a 74. Life is good.......

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Well I finally did it! Started the weekend with an ugly 89, couldn’t chip or putt…it was ugly.
Went back Sunday and was playing better. 41 on the front that could have been a 39 if I could hit a 3wood. Made the turn and proceeded to shoot even par on the back for a 77! First time breaking 80…!!! Birdied 3 of the 4 par 5’s and had a double in the other. But man it felt good to finally break 80!

🔥 Latest posts