• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
Well I finally did it! Started the weekend with an ugly 89, couldn’t chip or putt…it was ugly.
Went back Sunday and was playing better. 41 on the front that could have been a 39 if I could hit a 3wood. Made the turn and proceeded to shoot even par on the back for a 77! First time breaking 80…!!! Birdied 3 of the 4 par 5’s and had a double in the other. But man it felt good to finally break 80!
Well done buddy!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Don't know what's going on. Stomach settled down, but still weak. So... go out this morning and card 38/36 for another 74. Two days in a row shooting my age.
I'm about 3 weeks into my "oostutter" experiment. The oostutter has really changed my game. My geezer buddies say they've never seen me putt this good. 50 cents from them yesterday. $2.50 today. One more day and I may be able to take the wife to McDonalds for lunch!

("oostutter"... After watching Oostie at the U.S. Open, I noticed him seeming to have a longer putter and standing almost straight up. Epoxied a 2 1/2" extension in my Odyssey 7s. Installed a Super Stroke XL grip. Standing almost straight up as I'm putting. It's actually working. Of course, tomorrow I may be ready to toss my oostutter in the river!!!)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well I finally did it! Started the weekend with an ugly 89, couldn’t chip or putt…it was ugly.
Went back Sunday and was playing better. 41 on the front that could have been a 39 if I could hit a 3wood. Made the turn and proceeded to shoot even par on the back for a 77! First time breaking 80…!!! Birdied 3 of the 4 par 5’s and had a double in the other. But man it felt good to finally break 80!
Welcome to the club!!!! Awesome round! Well done!!!

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
played with warbirdlover, and did ok. was hitting it pretty well. a few shots got away from me, but I managed to hang on. a few great putts. a few long balls. had some douchbag in front of us hit my ball across the road because I drove into them (past them). we thought they were on the next hole which is paralell and comes back in the opposite direction, there were soooo far right. anyhow 75 this morning, and a 70 tonight. Ive been playing ok. I was the defending match play champ, and I just got beat yeasterday. after 18 we were all square. one extra hole we both make par he gets a stroke... i loose. oh well. shoot 76 with a dbl bogey on the card, and get beat by one giving up 10 strokes. yeah, Ill be ok.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Good job, Jim!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Knew that hoping to keep playing lights out was impossible. Came back to Earth this morning. Carded an 80, but felt lots worse. The oostutter lost most of its magic. Had it not been for some crisp irons, the day would have been a total disaster. Lost 75 cents! :<(

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I'm done! I'm finished! The emotional distress this game inflicts has become too much to handle. Eagled hole #5 today! Carded another 74! I should be jumping for joy, but.... I LOST 25 CENTS!!!!! Sheesh! Medalist by 5 strokes and still lost money! This group of geezers I play with are pathetic! 😁😁😁

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
38 and 41 for 79. 1 bird. Very slow today. Some of the worst golfers I've ever followed. Playing from the whites and can't hit it over 50 yards?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
38 and 41 for 79. 1 bird. Very slow today. Some of the worst golfers I've ever followed. Playing from the whites and can't hit it over 50 yards?
You need to have the first tee time every day like we do. It's so nice to never wait on anyone! We see so many on adjoining holes that we count our blessings we're not behind!! We still remember one day a long time ago when we caught a couple they had let off the back 9. The lady would actually lay down on the green and line up her putts.... for all THREE or FOUR putts!!!!

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Fun stuff today.
Out of a field of some 30+ players (informal tournament)
Only three others beat my 64 years old skinny arse with beer gut on the long drive hole ! Hell yeah! I do love my driver !

And kept eyeballing parters putting.. putter.. took a peek at witb.
By golly its an old Wilson patty berg model ! LOL!!!!

took a putt with it from oh 4 feet , smooth smooth smooth!
In da hole !
So, I’m going to eBay me one haha.

🔥 Latest posts