• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
The good news from this morning... even par 36 on the back.

The bad news from this morning... carded an 80! Yep. 44 on the front. 44/36! Started the day with 8 bogeys. Parred #9 and played pretty good from there on in. No idea why it took me 8 holes to get woke up and unwound. Guess the old body just couldn't get loose.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Another frustrating day. I should be pleased... but not! 40 on the front. Lots of trouble getting started again. Made the turn and... birdied 10... birdied 11... followed those 2 birds with 7 straight pars. 34 on the back!!!! 74 for the day. If I could have just done something on the front.

Oh! My 74 was medalist for our group. Still lost $1.50. Sheesh!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
We have not seen rain for about 4 weeks now. Blistering sun, hot temperatures in the 80s, this is new for me. Not much wind either. Our course is burnt to a crisp. Fairways are yellow. Luckily the watering system is still on the greens, so the course is playable. I'm playing like Jeckyl and Hyde, not sure who is turning up each day. Some good, some bad, just no consistency. Playing in a 36 hole scratch tournament on Sunday. Only half of me is looking forward to it, the other half is dreading it!! We shall see.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
No golf, today, at our home course due to a tournament. Five of us headed north an hour to a beautiful course we try to play at least once/year. There are about a dozen courses in our state that have a reciprocity agreement. We can play any of the courses in that agreement for $25 including cart. It's a 'steal of a deal'!!!
This course is tough, but beautiful. Always has been a challenge for me. I had two dozen balls in the bag, assuming it would play just as difficult as I had found it in the past.
Well, my driver was on. I think I only missed one fairway all morning. Irons weren't as crisp as I'd have liked. Chipping an putting was good. 79! Best I've ever played the course... and did not lose one single ball!!!
Oh! Won $3.75 from the geezers!!! They say I will not be told when they return to this course if I'm going to take their money!!!
Fantastic day!!!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Haha, 3.75 is about double your usual winnings! Keep that up and you may not have any future takers!
We have lots of fun with our "quarters"!!! We've often said we need to each put a certain color of paint or fingernail polish on a few dollars worth of quarters and, in 30 days, see how they have gone from person to person. And... the whining we hear! Yesterday's "huckleberry"... he lost a total of $5.00... is a retired Army General. (That is the maximum anyone can lose in the games we play.) He and his wife both drive Cadillacs and a few quarters sure isn't going to put a dent in his budget. But, you should have heard him after yesterday's round!! If you overheard the conversation and not known the backstory, one would have believed he just lost his life savings!!! Amazing the pressure 50 cents can put on a downhill putt!!!!!

🔥 Latest posts