• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
I really suck right now. I'm in driver hell. The only shots I seem to be able to pull off are with my 9 wood. Chipping and putting is OK, but full swing shots are mostly just stinkers.
Try the feet together drill, always helps me when I'm in a slump.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I really suck right now. I'm in driver hell. The only shots I seem to be able to pull off are with my 9 wood. Chipping and putting is OK, but full swing shots are mostly just stinkers.
Over the last few months, the only thing that seems to have remained consistent is my driver. Certainly, I can hit some real klunkers. But, round after round, it is really dependable and keeps me in the fairways.
Had a little better game today. 79. Was making some putts that I had not been making. Chipping was much better. Crossed fingers that this current funk is about over. Still lost $1.00! My partners didn't help at all.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Better today. 39/38 for a 77. Still lost another dollar!!!! That's about $7.00 this week!!!! Worst week I can ever remember having, as to the quarters lost. :mad:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Two days ago I had a 34 (2 birds and no bogeys) on the front and a 37 (2 birds and 3 bogeys) on the back for 71.

Next day was so horrible I won't even state the score.

Today back to norm 42 and 40 for 82. Sheesh!!!
If we could card 37's ever day, golf would get so boring!!!! :>) Personally, I find the most frustrating thing is that I know I can par or birdie every hole on our course. When the bogey... or worse... is on the card, it's difficult to take.
Yet, we are out there playing golf. So many can't due to physical, financial, family issues. The 81 year old in our group says he will still play when he can't score any better than 100... but still swing a club.
One of the members at our course is 92. He had a massive stroke in April 2020. Life-flighted to KU Med Center in Kansas City. Sliced open both sides of his throat to clean out arteries. As soon as he got a doctor's release, he was out chipping and putting. He's been playing a couple times/week for quite a while. Rides, now, when he used to walk all the time. Carded a bogey round of 45 on the nine he played this past week. He was exuberant!!! Caught me in the parking lot just to let me know that was his low nine since the stroke.
That's the attitude I hope I can have when old age and its maladies catch up.

Last edited:

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Forgot to mention. A couple days ago I played with a grandfather and his grandson. The grandfather was putting with an old Ping A-1 putter. The one that makes the "PING" sound. I had to try it and I bet I could putt good with it. It was in perfect shape.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
37/38 for a 75 today!!! The game seemed easy again. The Oostutter stuttered too many times. Put it in time out yesterday. Played this past two days with one of the old Anser 4's. Totally different results. Seems the BeCu Anser 4 is doing everything in her power to not be relegated back to the basement. We'll see........ Oh! Won $1.00!!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
No golf yesterday, Wednesday, or today, Thursday. Yesterday was a trip, taking the wife to see a neurosurgeon. The doctor's office is an hour and a half east of us. Thought about telling her my golf took priority over her and she could go by herself, but thought better of that!! We have 55 years coming up in September and thought I should try to get along at least until then. :>) Tourney at the course, today. Geezers are headed back north to a course I really enjoy. I have a half dozen errands I've been putting off and wasn't sure what yesterday's appointment would leave us with. By tomorrow, we're back in the triple digit heat index range for the next week or so. Sheesh!!!

🔥 Latest posts