• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Played a match with my son, better ball format. We had 5 birdies between us and only won on the 1st tie hole. We played two big guys, both hit enormous tee shots. One of them hit it about 350 off the first to a place I have only been to in two shots!! We were giving them a lot of shots. Luckily they were wayward a few times. We were glad to get through that round! Onwards!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Our Geezer Group has a strict policy of NO political talk!!!! Too good of a group to have it spoiled with diverse political opinions. People can't seem to debate is a respectful way and we don't want it to break up the group. Well....
Yesterday, after our round, we were all sitting outside the clubhouse settling up our wins and losses. One of the guys started into politics. That led to a really out-of-control "debate". Rec'd an apology text before I got home. Really touchy situation. Our 81 years old may leave the group and if he does, I'll go with him. Sad..... Hoping some lessons were learned and we can keep the discussion away from such a divisive topic.
Then, today....
Had six of us. Split three and three. The first three headed off #1. I was in the second three. Two of us in carts and one walking. Made the turn at 1 hour 15 minutes. Came off #18 at 2 hours, 35 minutes!! TWO HOURS AND THIRTY FIVE MINUTES TO PLAY 18 HOLES OF GOLF!! And, one of us was walking. On hole #9, we noticed a twosome had caught up with us. Probably would have let them through at the turn, even though we were sailing along at a pretty good pace. They went zinging past us as we were on #9 green and right to the clubhouse. They did not make the turn on 10, instead leaving the course. I checked in at the clubhouse after our round. The two had come in all bent out of shape because we wouldn't let them through!!!!! We never even saw them until #9! What the heck!!! I've about had it with people!! Get a life, folks! Stop and smell the roses. The Earth does not revolve around you!!!!! Sheesh!!! 82 this morning. Was playing from the longer tees.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Heck of a morning! It's exactly 10:00 and I'm already home with 18 in. Four of us, this morning, all in carts. We played in 2 hours 35 minutes, just the same as we did yesterday with three. 38/35... 73!! 8 pars and 1 birdie on the back 9. Won $1.00!!! Two BMJ's. (Birdie Mick Jaggers). IOW, two birdie putt lip-outs.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
1 p.m. and just got home from the course. On the 2nd and 4th Mondays, the course doesn't open until 10 a.m. Gives maintenance some extra time to work without players on the course.
Excessive heat advisory. 1 p.m. and the heat index is 104 degrees F!!!!! Four of us geezers showed up to play in the heat. About did us in. Birdied 18 to break even on money today. 81, but a struggle in the heat.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Still cannot understand this frustrating game. Could not get unwound, this morning, until the back 9. 41/36!! 77, but it was a painful front.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
42 for league with 2 birds. 38 with 1 bird on the other nine. 80 total. I'll take it. Made 4 LONG putts and driver was perfect.

🔥 Latest posts